THE INJURY THREAD. Post your wounds here.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lets see No pic yet But I Had glass Cut through the tendon Of My Left Foot the toe next to the Little one Never went to the Doctor Now I Cant Bend It Ill Try to Get A Video Of it Not Curling Later.

over the last 2 Months Detecting With Tendentious In Both Elbows Cant Seem To Stop Detecting Or Working Long Enough to Let them Heal O Well Beach Hunting is Going to Slow Down Here Soon Then I Can Heal HH Chug

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Chug, a quick pic of the scar would bump this thread along!......

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm old so I'll jump right in. In the 70s I used to train and patrol with German Shepherds. I was working with a local Officer who had 2 of them. We used to train at the local high school. After working the first dog, he tied it to the goal post and brought out the second. As I was working the second dog, the first broke the leash, ran the length of the field and hit me in the back. I fell forward, which gave the second dog a chance at me. Ended up pretty bit up and bloody, but I did get a new t-shirt because mine got ripped off me. About 7 years ago I was out feeding the dogs and lost the eye site in my left eye for a few seconds, so I didn't think much about it. The next day I lost the vision for a couple minutes, so the wife pack em up and away to the hospital we went. About 4 hours later I was in the operating room, and they put a stint in my caratoid artery. That was cool until the Doc came in and told me the only time he had seen worse was in an autopsy and a textbook. After smoking for 50 plus years, I had my last smoke on the way to the hospital. About 4 years ago I was getting water from an artisan well in the nearest town. It was winter, and with the water running all the time, plenty of ice. I slipped and fell on a brick patio by the well. I crawled to my car, along with the milk jugs of water as another gentleman ( ? ) walked around me to get his water. Car was an auto, so drove home, wife met me at the car with a walker and I made it into the kitchen for coffee. At this point I still believed it was a bone bruise till I stood up and my wife said I don't think your leg should swing that way. Another trip to the hospital for a snapped femur. Doc didn't measure to good with the metal bar he put in my leg as the left one now is anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 inches shorter than my right. On long hunts my back starts to hurt pretty good, but hey, there is always somebody out there worse than me. At least I can still walk. Knocking on the door to 73 and hope I still have a lot of detecting time left.

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Lord Whammy,.....you done got your arse kicked over the past 73 years!....seems to me you still got some fight in you, give em hell my friend!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whammy is now a member of the iron brigade- one tough old dude

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
we coulda used you in 62 in chancellorsville

Injunbro

Oct 8, 2011
SE Arizoa
Broken: back, leg, several fingers & toes; crushed foot, cracked skull. Enough scars from welding repairing the old equipment we had that my arms look like hieroglyphics. Not sure which was harder on the body, growing up on a farm or getting away from it to become a heavy equipment operator... retirement is good though!

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Broken: back, leg, several fingers & toes; crushed foot, cracked skull. Enough scars from welding repairing the old equipment we had that my arms look like hieroglyphics. Not sure which was harder on the body, growing up on a farm or getting away from it to become a heavy equipment operator... retirement is good though!

Thanks for posting Injunbro....if you can find any pics of your ailments, well by all means, post them here!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, lets create our own injury's....I build houses....so....saws and hammers come to mind.
What did you start ?:laughing7:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Because it hurts so bad I have to start laughing as my wife sticks her elbow in the side of my butt cheek and grids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two years ago I was hit by a distracted driver. I suffered cervical and lumbar injuries for which I am still being treated (Isn't worker's comp wonderful!) Been through therapy, injections which I had an allergic reaction to and had to be taken, by ambulance, to the ER for and even nerve burning. None of which have helped. I go back to the doc next month and talk about surgery. I have continued to work but only do what I can.
One side effect of all of this is that I am developing a case of anal glaucoma.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Because it hurts so bad I have to start laughing as my wife sticks her elbow in the side of my butt cheek and grids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She "grids" your butt cheeks?? Sounds intensive! :laughing7:

Foxtrot197

Jul 21, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AM2s with groundhog duel coils both cranked up , Garrett ace 250 , Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found out I am not allowed to say exactly what happened but I can write end results as the event is classified for what reason I have no Idea but rules are rulesI was injured in 2000 I spent till 07 in coma and then a couple more years paralized. It crushed T2 T3 T4 T5 T6 and T7 with spinal chord impingements into the thecal sac all over and also L5S1 was made into dust with surrounding disks broken and you know everything hurniated etc etc etc . I live with the chrones and colitis and stones because kidneys turn on and off and so on and have problems pretty consistant with my guts but I am doing great considering.God has blessed me with the ability to heal way past what any doctors have ever considered. Weird thing is the guys and gals whom were in critial trauma care with me whom got the tons of surgerys ended up worse or dead kinda more than me. I had a doc from Hamel Germany say to hold off on the non life saving surgeries as the body tries to heal itself and I think the Lord and prayer and my body healed up pretty good so far. I am able to walk and type this and function so Im doing great I feel. I am kinda slow but I am very motivated and I went from leg traction braces (actually started full tracton)with motors to walking by myself and I do great. I am actually blessed compaired to what I have been with in the facilities. I move great now. Not normal and i could never run but I do very well.Only thing that really jarred me hard was going to work lets say one day as a young man and waking up a middle aged man but the Lord has plans for us all and its only for him to know the reasons. I am fully functional now and I do great .Faith I feel is the key to real healing and getting better and I have surpassed anything any doctors have ever said due to faith and I have never given up on anything. I am probibly a lot more healthyer than alot of people my age but I just cant walk great and have some curves to deal with in life. I spend a couple months a year in the hospital but thats been slowing down and I must say that Treasure hunting is not only a great hobby but a healthy one that you can get exercise at your own pace and a slower pace is also good. Faith is the key to healing I must say that for testimony. Thats my 1 and only injury report I will ever place

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Just found out I am not allowed to say exactly what happened but I can write end results as the event is classified for what reason I have no Idea but rules are rulesI was injured in 2000 I spent till 07 in coma and then a couple more years paralized. It crushed T2 T3 T4 T5 T6 and T7 with spinal chord impingements into the thecal sac all over and also L5S1 was made into dust with surrounding disks broken and you know everything hurniated etc etc etc . I live with the chrones and colitis and stones because kidneys turn on and off and so on and have problems pretty consistant with my guts but I am doing great considering.God has blessed me with the ability to heal way past what any doctors have ever considered. Weird thing is the guys and gals whom were in critial trauma care with me whom got the tons of surgerys ended up worse or dead kinda more than me. I had a doc from Hamel Germany say to hold off on the non life saving surgeries as the body tries to heal itself and I think the Lord and prayer and my body healed up pretty good so far. I am able to walk and type this and function so Im doing great I feel. I am kinda slow but I am very motivated and I went from leg traction braces (actually started full tracton)with motors to walking by myself and I do great. I am actually blessed compaired to what I have been with in the facilities. I move great now. Not normal and i could never run but I do very well.Only thing that really jarred me hard was going to work lets say one day as a young man and waking up a middle aged man but the Lord has plans for us all and its only for him to know the reasons. I am fully functional now and I do great .Faith I feel is the key to real healing and getting better and I have surpassed anything any doctors have ever said due to faith and I have never given up on anything. I am probibly a lot more healthyer than alot of people my age but I just cant walk great and have some curves to deal with in life. I spend a couple months a year in the hospital but thats been slowing down and I must say that Treasure hunting is not only a great hobby but a healthy one that you can get exercise at your own pace and a slower pace is also good. Faith is the key to healing I must say that for testimony. Thats my 1 and only injury report I will ever place

Poster1-3.I+WANT+YOU.jpg

OP
OP
BigWaveDave

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for posting Foxtrot, and THANKYOU for your service!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread