The Knights Templar connection to Oak Island Challenge

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have searched but cannot find them in english, I have translated just a little, it is a PITA, but there are examples of symbols I have never found anywhere else

I have found that symbols and signs have mostly changed over hundreds of years, some have stayed the same. Even with that, different groups of these people used their own symbols for their particular area. I have really seen some signs out there that have to be made by really intelligent people. How they did the symbols and signs on trees that survive for hundreds of years has baffled me and amazed me. I have seen them use one letter or one word sometimes in three or four different directions and each one mean something different. In two square inches on a tree I have seen directions, distance, depth, amount what they are contained in and even the dollar amount. How could they do that over 130 years ago. How could it be done today?

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have found that symbols and signs have mostly changed over hundreds of years, some have stayed the same. Even with that, different groups of these people used their own symbols for their particular area. I have really seen some signs out there that have to be made by really intelligent people. How they did the symbols and signs on trees that survive for hundreds of years has baffled me and amazed me. I have seen them use one letter or one word sometimes in three or four different directions and each one mean something different. In two square inches on a tree I have seen directions, distance, depth, amount what they are contained in and even the dollar amount. How could they do that over 130 years ago. How could it be done today?
The Templars had their own code, as did almost every other group which coveted secrecy, but I do not believe that they all were about treasure, most were likely symbols for more mundane things like, food or a safe haven for travelers.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
One of the more interesting pages. F2F67A58-99FB-497F-98A6-12BD0E4AFA2C.jpeg

lnlver

Tenderfoot
Apr 10, 2019
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched an episode of "America Unearthed" by Scott Wolter on the Travel Channel recently. He was researching the theory that Henry Sinclair traveled to Nova Scotia around 1392 and brought the Knights Templar treasure with him.

He discussed the possibility that Sinclair buried the treasure at Oak Island, then traveled to New Ross and built a castle. Afterwards, he moved the treasure from Oak Island to New Ross. Wolter was not able to find any treasure at the New Ross site, so if it was ever there, it is long gone.

So, if Sinclair did travel to Nova Scotia, this explanation makes some sense. It would also mean that Rick and Marty are wasting their time and money on Oak Island. It would also mean that heavy equipment operator Billy Gerhardt will be looking for a new job.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
So, if Sinclair did travel to Nova Scotia, this explanation makes some sense.

If. Be very careful about basing your opinions on anything Wolter is doing. He has some credibility issues.

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi , Which island did the Byzantines, Moors and Ottoman Turks bury their treasure on in North America ? Mosques on the banks of the Hudson River ? Anyone can make up nonsense TP

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi , Which island did the Byzantines, Moors and Ottoman Turks bury their treasure on in North America ? Mosques on the banks of the Hudson River ? Anyone can make up nonsense TP

Roanoke Island had the first colony of Turkish ex-nationals in North America. Don't know if they buried anything there except themselves.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Scoop for the next season !

Captain Kidd ...

But not related to money pit !

They are working on another site !

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop for the next season !

Captain Kidd ...

But not related to money pit !

They are working on another site !
lol... My brother needs new septic system maybe he should tell them this is where the treasure was buried...

You really wonder if people will watch another 30+ episodes of this stuff... I cannot see myself watching any longer. I was very interested in Smiths Cove now that has been dug.....

Captains Kidds treasure is another thing that there is no evidence it ever existed. So it is pretty hard to see how someone can find it.

It now seems History Channel and the Laginas are simply trying to keep milking their cash cow...

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
lol... My brother needs new septic system maybe he should tell them this is where the treasure was buried...

You really wonder if people will watch another 30+ episodes of this stuff... I cannot see myself watching any longer. I was very interested in Smiths Cove now that has been dug.....

Captains Kidds treasure is another thing that there is no evidence it ever existed. So it is pretty hard to see how someone can find it.

It now seems History Channel and the Laginas are simply trying to keep milking their cash cow...

May be related to something they found in the swamp ...

A6DF80E2-B712-4FDB-9F0D-D02D140EEEC4.png

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is most of the research I have come up also. Good Link.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Much of the "research" on this ancestry site is composed of names and dates stirred into oft repeated legend and lore tales, most having an origin with Charles Edward Stuart's tutor while in exile, Andrew Michael Ramsey, a Scottish Freemason claiming Scottish Freemasonry was directly descended from the Templars.
Henry Sinclair did not lead a Templar cavalry of three hundred at Bannockburn, nor were any on the Scots side carrying Templar "marked" shields.
*NOTE* It is highly unlikely that any Templar would be led by Henry Sinclair at Bannockburn in 1314 after he testified AGAINST the Templars in 1307 at their Edinburgh trial.
The ONLY Scottish cavalry at Bannockburn was the 500 Scots Cavalry led by Sir Robert de Keth (Keith), who was neither a Templar nor related to Henry Sinclair.

The "lots to debate" is how and when minimal historical facts were embellished into this pseudo history that has been passed about as true?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much of the "research" on this ancestry site is composed of names and dates stirred into oft repeated legend and lore tales, most having an origin with Charles Edward Stuart's tutor while in exile, Andrew Michael Ramsey, a Scottish Freemason claiming Scottish Freemasonry was directly descended from the Templars.
Henry Sinclair did not lead a Templar cavalry of three hundred at Bannockburn, nor were any on the Scots side carrying Templar "marked" shields.
*NOTE* It is highly unlikely that any Templar would be led by Henry Sinclair at Bannockburn in 1314 after he testified AGAINST the Templars in 1307 at their Edinburgh trial.
The ONLY Scottish cavalry at Bannockburn was the 500 Scots Cavalry led by Sir Robert de Keth (Keith), who was neither a Templar nor related to Henry Sinclair.

The "lots to debate" is how and when minimal historical facts were embellished into this pseudo history that has been passed about as true?

Everybody's research is wrong except yours. You were there at the Battle of Bannockburn and you know exactly what happened there--------were you also killed there? Sir Henry Sinclair could not have been at the Battle of Bannockburn it was William Sinclair. Sir Henry Sinclair did not testify at the Templar Trials as he was not born for another 38 years. No wonder you ask so many questions, you are really confused. Take a break, breathe hard and then come back with some fresh air.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
What is confusing is the weak loose links of the evidence chain presented that lack the strength of documented proof.
There is no documented evidence of"
The Templars discovering Holy Relics or the Ark of the Covenant in Jerusalem
The Templars removing these items to France
When they were arrested on Friday 13th and property seized by the French Crown and Vatican, no mention of these relics.
No hard evidence that Templars escaped with these treasures by ship from La Rochelle to Scotland or Oak Island.
No contemporary accounts of Lord Henry Sinclair and a Templar charge at Bannockburn.
No real documentation of Sir Henry Sinclair sailing to Canada, much less possession of Templar treasure.
No proof that Sinclair or Templars dug the pit at Oak Island.
No evidence that there ever was a treasure in the Oak Island pit.
No collaboration, written or lore, that the Pilgrims or Founding Fathers removed alleged Oak Island treasure.
No official acknowledgement by the NATIONAL ARCHIVES of secret coded message in the Declaration of Independence telling the location of the Ark of the Covenant in Washington DC.

Without hard documented research in support of presented facts, these various claims as listed above, are nothing more than pure speculation and pseudo history.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is confusing is the weak loose links of the evidence chain presented that lack the strength of documented proof.
There is no documented evidence of"
The Templars discovering Holy Relics or the Ark of the Covenant in Jerusalem
The Templars removing these items to France
When they were arrested on Friday 13th and property seized by the French Crown and Vatican, no mention of these relics.
No hard evidence that Templars escaped with these treasures by ship from La Rochelle to Scotland or Oak Island.
No contemporary accounts of Lord Henry Sinclair and a Templar charge at Bannockburn.
No real documentation of Sir Henry Sinclair sailing to Canada, much less possession of Templar treasure.
No proof that Sinclair or Templars dug the pit at Oak Island.
No evidence that there ever was a treasure in the Oak Island pit.
No collaboration, written or lore, that the Pilgrims or Founding Fathers removed alleged Oak Island treasure.
No official acknowledgement by the NATIONAL ARCHIVES of secret coded message in the Declaration of Independence telling the location of the Ark of the Covenant in Washington DC.

Without hard documented research in support of presented facts, these various claims as listed above, are nothing more than pure speculation and pseudo history.

See you get all excited and you have it wrong again. There was no Sir Henry Sinclair at the Battle of Bannockburn------IT WAS WILLIAM SINCLAIR. As for all of your other "NO'S" They will be made history as soon as stupid research people that tells our schools start telling the truth and not what they want you to know. Christoper Columbus never discovered America. He never put foot on American Soil. Went on some Islands and made slaves of them. Then there are so-called historians saying that there was no writing or portraits of maize or Indian Corn until after CC. Hell it was carved into stone in Rosslyn Chapel that was built in 1446 and dedicated in 1450. CARVED IN STONE. What year did CC come over to the Islands with Zeno Maps right 1492. OVER FORTY ODD YEARS LATE. You keep believing history in books and you will never know any more than all the idiots that have learned these same False History taught in schools today. Truth hits them in the face and yet they keep teaching their lies.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
See you get all excited and you have it wrong again.
There was no Sir Henry Sinclair at the Battle of Bannockburn------IT WAS WILLIAM SINCLAIR...
Once again , Franklin, I have NEVER stated that Sir Henry Sinclair was at the Battle of Bannockburn, but posted a quote by Baigent & Leigh that states:
"There was Bishop William Sinclair who Robert Bruce considered his "warrior bishop" and his brother (pay attention) HENRY SINCLAIR "THE LORD SINCLAIR OF ROSSLYN WHO LED 300 TEMPLAR CAVALRY AT BANNOCKBURN"
So you don't miscomprehend and misrepresent what I have posted:
Sir William Sinclair did not lead 300 Templar cavalrymen at Bannockburn, which is pure pseudo history that has been repeated as fact, even by you on several other threads.

Now, let us return to the list I posted on #717, and start at the beginning:
Do you have or possess any real hard documented evidence beyond the pseudo history speculation claimed by the multitude of quasi-historians and their books for profit, that the Templars found the Ark of the Covenant in Jerusalem during the Crusades?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again , Franklin, I have NEVER stated that Sir Henry Sinclair was at the Battle of Bannockburn, but posted a quote by Baigent & Leigh that states:
"There was Bishop William Sinclair who Robert Bruce considered his "warrior bishop" and his brother (pay attention) HENRY SINCLAIR "THE LORD SINCLAIR OF ROSSLYN WHO LED 300 TEMPLAR CAVALRY AT BANNOCKBURN"
So you don't miscomprehend and misrepresent what I have posted:
Sir William Sinclair did not lead 300 Templar cavalrymen at Bannockburn, which is pure pseudo history that has been repeated as fact, even by you on several other threads.

Now, let us return to the list I posted on #717, and start at the beginning:
Do you have or possess any real hard documented evidence beyond the pseudo history speculation claimed by the multitude of quasi-historians and their books for profit, that the Templars found the Ark of the Covenant in Jerusalem during the Crusades?

YES. sasquash, I will be sending you a PM. I have a lot of evidence but I can not reveal anything. ECS you need to purchase some of those books by writers you keep putting down. Sometimes they lead to what's behind the hidden door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread