The largest treasure map in history

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine how lucky Colombia must feel that they did not sign onto the UNESCO LofTS after finding the San Jose. Someone in Colombia realized they did not want to be part and parcel to Spain trying to replunder the treasure from the shipwrecks they lost. Peru and US have also seen the light and failed to ratify the scam being perpetrated by Spain and Archaeologists. Authorities in Panama, Dom Rep, Haiti, Bahamas, Ecuador, and the Philippines must be really rethinking when they should withdraw. How hard were you countries lobbied or what were you promised if you signed on?
Why doesn't Spain make a map of all the shipwrecks carrying tons of mercury that they deposited into the ocean?

Au_Dreamers

Dec 15, 2010
back on the 1715!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They strong armed those countries with threatening withdrawal of monetary aid.

Gee only 59 years later than The Treasure Diver's Guide !

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only imagine how lucky Colombia must feel that they did not sign onto the UNESCO LofTS after finding the San Jose. Someone in Colombia realized they did not want to be part and parcel to Spain trying to replunder the treasure from the shipwrecks they lost. Peru and US have also seen the light and failed to ratify the scam being perpetrated by Spain and Archaeologists. Authorities in Panama, Dom Rep, Haiti, Bahamas, Ecuador, and the Philippines must be really rethinking when they should withdraw. How hard were you countries lobbied or what were you promised if you signed on?
Why doesn't Spain make a map of all the shipwrecks carrying tons of mercury that they deposited into the ocean?

It will be because mercury does not quote like gold and silver!

OP
OP
Vox veritas

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And curiously the numbers of Cuba shipwrecks are close to what was published in my book "Galleons and sunken treasure". Will it be coincidence???:occasion14:

Jolly Mon

Sep 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Spanish have not found a shipwreck in the Western Hemisphere in over 300 years. Now, suddenly, they know the location of 681:tongue3:.

This is simply another maneuver by Spain to lay the groundwork for a claim to ANY colonial era wreck found in the Americas, actual provenance be damned.

And the U.S. Courts and the Department of the Navy are fully on board with the thieving bas-tards.

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Enrada

I would like to point out the DR did not sign with Unesco, that would be an act of treason, as with the USA

enrada

May 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the list I see two different details about countries. One is ratification and the other is accession which I am not sure what the difference is. Anyway good to know that DR people are also smart enough not to have signed onto the scam being perpetrated by Spain and Archie's. Maybe talking countries into unfunding UNESCO will keep the ball rolling. I am progressing with an Article for publication "Underwater Treasure Hunting-Hijacked'. Anybody have an email address for Duncan Mathewson(PM please).

Black Duck

Dec 29, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse only
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
On the list I see two different details about countries. One is ratification and the other is accession which I am not sure what the difference is. Anyway good to know that DR people are also smart enough not to have signed onto the scam being perpetrated by Spain and Archie's. Maybe talking countries into unfunding UNESCO will keep the ball rolling. I am progressing with an Article for publication "Underwater Treasure Hunting-Hijacked'. Anybody have an email address for Duncan Mathewson(PM please).

The DR does do work with Unesco in the Colonial Zone on some old building and possibly other areas but not in the waters or sea, They have not ratified an agreement with UNESCO to do so, would have to be approved by there congress and it has. not. Although the DR will not give out any permits until the supreme court has ruled on the ARS case which is 11 months past do for the ruling, and if they did give out a permit "a legal permit" the Government would again be sued in the supreme court directly, is what I understand.

Unesco and its followers, employees, and associates have no business interfering with good companies that do good work for there own personal gain and interest, Its a shame and quite unethical what Unesco and most of the Archaeologist out there are doing and have been doing, but it comes down to how you were raised and your training I guess.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor Spain!

They greedily plundered the New World, enslaved/exterminated the indigenous peoples, destroyed the cultural artifacts and history, and squandered it all on religious wars.

Now they want to vacuum up what they lost from honest salvors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread