The last 1000Ft.

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have spent over 10000 hrs. mining this river but there is this last legal area to mine that I haven't, I ounce rode my pedal bike up there to fish and my first cast got a steelhead on and it ran upriver and took all my line, that was awesome, never had a steelhead do that before. This coming weekend I will be testing that area and I will not be riding a bike, but I will be riding my new fat tire electric bike. It has a 30mile range and can run 30 miles per hour. Also, I will add that all these years of mining I have always worn rubber hip waders, they are heavy and hiking in them is very hard, but I am going to try something new, Kneehigh waterproof socks with old hiking boots. Wish me luck

Upvote 16

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those sound interesting, let us know how they work out. Looks like they sure beat hiking in waders.... but are they really waterproof? Do you shoes still make that squish sound when full of water? Haha.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck! May you find monster nugs.

Just wear your tennis shoes to hike in and pack you waders. That’s what I’ve done in the past. Hiking in wet shoes blows.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Depending on snags (timber ,sharp rocks ect.) a pair of stockingfoot waders and second pair of shoes can work. Always wear a wader belt in case you go under. Or too deep.

You got spooled by a steelie! L.o.l.. Congrats. That'll get you excited.
Maybe it was trying to show you where the biggest gold is.

Good luck.
Make the bike squat with recovered material on the way home!

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How did the bike work out? My wife and I keep kicking around the idea of getting a couple e bikes.

sir_stillwater

Greenie
Jun 12, 2023
The bike is awsome, its like a motorcycle, 48v,1500w. Climbing hills was a breeze and it will go up to 30 mph.
This is the way.

I'm a fan of electric scooters myself, not having to throw my leg over a seat is more comfortable for me... for anyone that has hip problems electric scooter might be worth checking out as an alternative to e-bike. Only downside for scooter is they really don't make trailers for most so you'd have to make your own versus e-bike you can find a tow-along pretty easy.

OP
OP
et1955

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The last 1000ft was a bust, after checking with Land Matters , Everett watershed acquired that area , no mining allowed. But there is one place left and it is state land ,It won't be easy but this is the last untouched area on the river , just above it is an old Hydraulic mine on the opposite side of the river and I have mined it many times and got nice gold. Just to clarify the gold I was getting was over 100 ft. above the river. P.S. always check with Land Matters before going into an area to mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread