The last week

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
The last week has been disappointing, seems someone is pi$$ing upstream of ME. End of January my CU had already reached their quota on halves for the month, got that upped but didn't help ME last week. 6 boxes Friday gave ME two 40%ers. Tried to make my old dump bank a supply bank, no problem doing that but I don't want the halves, all marked and alot of the rolls were short ($8 out of 2 boxes). Went in today to cancel my $1000 a week in halves and see ifn I could get 4 boxes of dimes a week instead. No problem and I was able to pickup 2 boxes of dimes today, boy do I hate them, these were paper machine rolls- what a pain. First box gave SKUNK but the second gave a Rosie and a Merc thereby keeping my average of one silver per box searched.
Yesterdays 6 boxes of halves didn't get ordered so it felt good to get a little silver today.
I'm getting tired of playing the game, think I will just continue on with what I have on perpetual order for awhile longer and not try to up the production- every time I try it bites ME.
Couple monthes and it will be dredge season- see ifn I can get some high priced gold.
HH all, Mark

Upvote 0

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like my last week, one 64ken and a rosie and a merc. Something is better than a kick in the A$$ but not worth the time. At least I got my dredge partially rebuilt for the season. Cant wait to get up too the Arkansas and also my special spot where the ground is all virgin and produces flakes in every pan. Just need to get a few more parts and its ready to go...or come back to life LOL.
I think that CRH needs a bit of a rest, we are just cycling though our own dumps at this time, not too mention the others. They will get disappointed as well, keep checking a box a week, in a few months I am sure some new junk will get into the system. At least with the gold you know you will always get results.
BTW I will have a coin blank for native Colorado gold soon. If you want your fines stamped let me know. Should be about a month before I have that one ready.
Nice thing about gold this summer. Each tenth ounce found a day is $100. Not that $100 is worth what it was in this economy now days but by this summer it will be at least a tank of gas for most at $5 a gallon right? I hope things dont get as bad as they say they will...but I guess thats America right?
Anyway, I am moving over toward gold hunting. Giving the silver a break. the potential for finding thousands of dollars in silver in a bank is there but infrequent. The chances of me hitting like some friends of mine and getting that one crack in bedrock loaded with gold...well, I just hope I can find a pocket with 61 ounces of gold dust and nuggets in one day...even at melt today thats like 50 grand...in one day of dredging! even if I could find a small one with like 1 to 5 oz I would be happy for weeks.

Attachments

• d2a.jpg
    d2a.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 197
  • BARSRINGS.jpg
    BARSRINGS.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 211
  • d2a.jpg
    d2a.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 194

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread