What's new

The leaves making creeks tough to hunt

dbag1969

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's about over here in the Midwest...What do you think? 1240503_698666660162248_1403944827_n.webp ....should of brought a leaf blower...:BangHead:
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
come back in winter after some good rains
 
Hang in there dbag should be some gully washers yet ,then harvest back to the fields ,alot of corns getting chopped this year .
 
I feel your pain dbag, moss, dust, dirt and leaves this time of year make it pretty tough along the creeks. A lot of corn will be chopped this year which might open up some fields, good luck...
I think it's about over here in the Midwest...What do you think?View attachment 861264 ....should of brought a leaf blower...:BangHead:
 
Just beginning here too and kinda makes me nervous to walk in them because a copperhead blends in real well with brown leaves and rocks...gotta be extra careful since I'm thinking this might be mating season for them too :dontknow:
 
Ive heard of people using leaf blowers and weed killers to clear places they like to hunt. The leaves were falling this morning at the creek here.
 
Yeah makes it hard to hunt but the winters replenish and turn the artifacts back up. You can also take a light leaf rake. Hard to believe we are in September already.
 
Yeah makes it hard to hunt but the winters replenish and turn the artifacts back up. You can also take a light leaf rake. Hard to believe we are in September already.

When I first started hunting the creek it was winter...just gotta put on boots and gloves and at least if the snakes are around they're too stiff from the cold to do much ;-) and yeah my creek needs replenishing. A guy I know from work told me he will get permission to hunt an area here called John's River...said after it's plowed he will show me where to go and there was a large camp there during the contact period, I've seen the points, pottery and tools that have been found there and am excited and waiting for the go ahead. Only thing is the creek is at the back of my property and very easy to access...hard to resist actually lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom