What's new

The lion and the hammered

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
These are yesterdays finds. The field searched is loaded with pebbles. Put fragile hammered silver coins, pebbles and ploughing together, and the result is not good. Still six in a few hours is good going. The only one in decent condition, is the tiny farthing, saved by it's size. What did come up though, in good condition, is this medieval lion buckle. Not had this type before, so well pleased. Saying it's a lion, looks more like a dog to me. Robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8779.webp
    IMG_8779.webp
    287.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_8780.webp
    IMG_8780.webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_8781.webp
    IMG_8781.webp
    119 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8787.webp
    IMG_8787.webp
    243.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8782.webp
    IMG_8782.webp
    237.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8783.webp
    IMG_8783.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8784.webp
    IMG_8784.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_8785.webp
    IMG_8785.webp
    30.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8786.webp
    IMG_8786.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 96
Upvote 32
Whatever it's "supposed" to be, it IS cool!! :thumbsup:
 
This is what i call "GREAT JOB"
 
Sweet buckle.
Sorry to hear about damage from the pebbles or the plow. I would be thrilled to dig one of those coins.
Congratulations
 
Sweet finds!! Congrats and HH
 
Awesome stuff! Congrats on a great hunt. -Lisa & John
 
That buckle is actually a really good find, pretty rare, as its the end of the Norman period. Often sold as Norman, end 12th C - 13th C - I would be well pleased with that, a tough period to fill, one I need.
 
settings

I'm planing on going to the UK this spring. Could you tell me your settings. That would give me a head start rather than me trying different settings and losing time experimenting.
Thanks
Gene
 
All I can say is that those are awesome finds and especially the Lion Buckle! Banner vote sent.


Frank
 
Beautiful finds...that's the way to do it!
 
Thats a type i've never seen before. Very nice! :icon_thumright:
 
I'm planing on going to the UK this spring. Could you tell me your settings. That would give me a head start rather than me trying different settings and losing time experimenting.
Thanks
Gene
Hello Gene, I use the Deus without the box. So the mode I mostly use is P3, leave all other settings as they are pre set, except discrim take that to 32. This setting is a brilliant all rounder. Good luck Robert.
 
That buckle is actually a really good find, pretty rare, as its the end of the Norman period. Often sold as Norman, end 12th C - 13th C - I would be well pleased with that, a tough period to fill, one I need.
Hello Cru, cheers , yes very pleased with this. Robert.
 
Hello Gene, I use the Deus without the box. So the mode I mostly use is P3, leave all other settings as they are pre set, except discrim take that to 32. This setting is a brilliant all rounder. Good luck Robert.

HMMMM... that sounds interesting. I'll try it here as well to see how it works and to get used to it. Thanks for the help.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom