What's new

The Littlest Silver Ever

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
10,082
Reaction score
17,067
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I managed to slip out a little over the past weekend. I hunted with TNetter Todd Lipe at several different spots. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any silver coins... however I was able to scratch up a couple of things.

- A couple of marbles.
- Thin Dime play money.
- Smashed thimble.
- Sterling St. Christopher
- FHA sterling pin part. Tylerbdad was able to ID it and provided the pic. He is a real "nice guy"!
- Old lead bullet.
- Seven wheat cents (Including: 1917 & 1919).

The FHA pin was the best find in my opinion. It is extremely small. If you don't know what FHA is, just goggle it. It was an organization that helped high school girls prepare to be "house wives". In an effort to stay out of trouble, I will refrain from saying anything further.

Thanks for looking, and best of luck to you on your hunts!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20151129_184147_124-1.webp
    IMG_20151129_184147_124-1.webp
    185.8 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20151129_145850_930-1.webp
    IMG_20151129_145850_930-1.webp
    276.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_20151129_095146_485-1.webp
    IMG_20151129_095146_485-1.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_20151129_095219_477-1.webp
    IMG_20151129_095219_477-1.webp
    47.7 KB · Views: 212
  • $T2eC16F!yUFIcDnO8pUBSe8FGKGjw~~60_1.webp
    $T2eC16F!yUFIcDnO8pUBSe8FGKGjw~~60_1.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 74
Very nice finds. Smart man to stop where you did regarding the FHA pin !
 
Congratulations on the silver buddy!
 
Tom,

Good going on the silvers.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Congratz! In my book, that would be an awesome hunt! I love finding stuff like that!
 
Nice save on the tiny silver, Tom. Thanks for sharing...next time you'll get big silver. HH ALL
 
Thanks for the silver Mojo this past weekend Tom, as a matter of fact 2 of the silvers I dug this past weekend had that sticky silver coating you mentioned on a previous post. i never dug coins with the grey stuff on until this past weekend. Nice to see you got out and pulled some keepers. I remember the FHA from my highschool days, not that I was a member, but there were a few members that I had the hots for. :thumbsup:
 
That nail shot sure puts it in perspective.. Great save!!
 
Very nice hunt! Congratualtions on the many interesting finds.
 
lol...they changed the name to bachelor skills at my h.s.and it became popular with us guys.we would get properly prepared then bake our own munchies.ended up with a waiting list and kids mooching goodies after class.brownies were my specialty !!!
 
That's an awesome st christopher medallion tom, the fha item is neat too, Great finds!!
 
Nice silvers! That's one of the nicest St. Christopher's I've seen
 
Nice finds Tom, but I can't believe you listened to TBD8-) Everyone knows FHA stands for Future Ho's of America:hello:
 
Nice digs CT. And I'm NOT a nice guy. You usually call me ODB. And why does my application to the CSM keep coming back Return to Sender? OD I had several answers like that too :laughing7:
 
Big congrats on the tiny silver!
 
That is small, that's why I need a PPointer.
Without reading what you said I would have guessed "federal housing authority" esp. with the "A" making a roof, and all.

Good hunt Tom.
 
The FHA pin was the best find in my opinion.

Did the pin sound tiny or did it give a good loud sound? From my experience with the Deus I believe it would have given a good loud sound, irrespective of the size of the item.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom