The Many Lost Treasures of Mariposa, CA (Photos Added)

I will be below the bridge between the first beach and the bridge..floating around sniping. lol.... this Solar Sluice fun !! I am basically mucking up gravel by hand and running it thru sluice box. California legal at the moment.:occasion14: but who knows any more with this state. And if they ever ***** about a solar sluice box, FOLKS we have major problems in our country. I mean who has been promoting alternate energy, green no emmision cars , trucks whatever? Our government. So here is a piece of equipment that's Green as can be....hahaha...I will have fun with it as long as I can. See all of you who show up...I will be the guy in the water having fun.. :)
Our government! I just read an artical that said the state legistlators have passed a BAN on free plastic and paper bags being given by ALL retail stores. I guess we can look forward to paying 10 cents each for those cheap plastic bags we've been getting for free.

We dropped paper bags to save the trees. Now we drop plastic to save the fish. Next we should drop legislators to save the people. :BangHead:

We dropped paper bags to save the trees. Now we drop plastic to save the fish. Next we should drop legislators to save the people. :BangHead:
I knew this state was doomed when the current gov. managed to be elected again. (What was that nick-name)? Oh yeah, I think it was "Moon Beam".

I liked the original anti Brown slogan, If it's Brown, Flush it. These new generation bags are made from vegetable oil, any time in sun and water and they fall apart. God forbid that we should support the AG industry in this state. Our county alone still has fourteen percent unemployment. We will be lucky if these stupid policies don't kill us all.

Last edited:
RelicHunter1, so how did the sluice work out??

Oakview2...I'm embarrassed to admit I live in this fricken state

It gets worse each day

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a controversial bill into law Monday afternoon allowing the state’s transgender public school students to choose which bathrooms they use and whether they participate in boy or girl sports.
The law would cover the state’s 6.2 million elementary and high school kids in public schools.
Supporters say the law will help cut down on bullying against transgender students, The families of transgender students have been waging local battles with school districts around the country over what restrooms and locker rooms their children can use.
"Now, every transgender student in California will be able to get up in the morning knowing that when they go to school as their authentic self they will have the same fair chance at success as their classmates,” Masen Davis, Executive Director of Transgender Law Center said.
Daily politics news delivered to your inbox: sign up for our newsletter
external-link.png

While California is the first state to pass a law of this magnitude, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Washington and Colorado have all adopted policies designed to protect transgendered pupils.
Not everyone is on board.
Opponents of the bill say allowing students of one gender to use facilities intended for the other could invade the other students' privacy.
Randy Thomasson, of savecalifornia.com, says the law would “damage” kids.
"This radical bill warps the gender expectations of children by forcing all California public schools to permit biological boys in girls restrooms, showers, clubs and on girls sports teams and biological girls in boys restrooms, showers, clubs and sports teams," Thomasson said. "This is insanity."
The California bill, which was backed by a coalition of organizations including Transgender Law Center, Gay-Straight Alliance Network, Gender Spectrum, Equality California, ACLU of California, National Center for Lesbian Rights and statewide teacher and parent organizations.

Read more: California Gov. Brown signs transgender-student bill | Fox News

RelicHunter1, so how did the sluice work out??

Oakview2...I'm embarrassed to admit I live in this fricken state
Put me on that list also. And, sorry Oakview2, I'm not going to dedicate 3 pages of my thoughts on that subject.
Just that this state is getting more and more sick every day!!!

A small update on an earlier story; On page 37, I told of the abandoned "Mystery Cabin". I've been searching on Google Earth for months, trying to locate the old mine/mill I once found. Well, as chance would have it, I ran across the canyon with the cabin. I don't know if the road is still navigable, but when I have the money for gas, I'll check it out and see if I can get some pictures of it and the area.

Sorry about the typo, it's on page 37.

Last edited:
A small update on an earlier story; On page 37, I told of the abandoned "Mystery Cabin". I've been searching on Google Earth for months, trying to locate the old mine/mill I once found. Well, as chance would have it, I ran across the canyon with the cabin. I don't know if the road is still navigable, but when I have the money for gas, I'll check it out and see if I can get some pictures of it and the area.

Is this the same mill sight that I'm always bugging you about? The ones with buckets fool of ore? Man I'm getting excited just thinking about it. How was the river trip?

Is this the same mill sight that I'm always bugging you about? The ones with buckets fool of ore? Man I'm getting excited just thinking about it. How was the river trip?
No, I'm still searching for the mill site with the ore bins full of hand graded ore. This was the cabin I found in the canyon, where the tenants seemed to have walked out in the middle of dinner. (Page 37)

Well, the only one who showed up was sharp rock jerry. But, we had a great time. I gave him a two hour tour and he gave me a delicious Bar-B-Que sandwich that I didn't even know was on Subways menu.

Well, the only one who showed up was sharp rock jerry. But, we had a great time. I gave him a two hour tour and he gave me a delicious Bar-B-Que sandwich that I didn't even know was on Subways menu.

Applewood smoked pulled pork sandwich. But I got the better deal. Eagle, next time I'll know to pick you up a footlong sandwich just for you. :occasion14:

Incidently Jerry, I really enjoyed our time together. I would have liked to stay longer, but I had things to do that couldn't be done after dark. Hope we'll get together again soon.

No worries there mate. I too really enjoyed our time. A great meet up. We will hook up again. On the way out, I wanted to stop out at the bridge, but it looked like a city down there. We headed out for home right behind you. However, we did take a quick detour ride upriver at Bagby, up to Shepperds Point (<--spelling?). I hate to wish away time, but I'm really itching for this fall to get here and things to cool off. I just don't handle the heat well anymore.

Take care,
Jerry

EagleDown ,SharpRockJerry, I was down there , you just had to go down and find me...I picked up a gram of pickers that day and panned out some fines. Might as well enjoy the river, Fall will be here soon, and the water is going way down. If anyones is interested. Tonight the Mariposa Gold Grubbers will have a prospecting meeting at Happy Burger diner at 6:15 August 14 Wednesday. Its a nice club, pretty informal. They have a few claims in the Whitlock District.Your all welcome..see you there.

Eagle I remember that story I asked you last time I saw you if you remembered where that was we might have to do some lookin but that sounds more like a trail for my old jeep rather than your expedition I need a new job everyones having fun when im workin I can take all the time I need in the winter but none in summer this sucks.

EagleDown ,SharpRockJerry, I was down there , you just had to go down and find me...I picked up a gram of pickers that day and panned out some fines. Might as well enjoy the river, Fall will be here soon, and the water is going way down. If anyones is interested. Tonight the Mariposa Gold Grubbers will have a prospecting meeting at Happy Burger diner at 6:15 August 14 Wednesday. Its a nice club, pretty informal. They have a few claims in the Whitlock District.Your all welcome..see you there.
I'd like to be there, but after a manditory trip to Fresno yesterday, I don't have enough gas to make it there and back. Maybe the next time.

i had to reread that story to refresh myself on the details. how truly odd that the family would have left during dinner like that? i wonder if the reason they left like they did was due to some type of life threatening situation? otherwise why would they leave the car in the shed nearby and all their belongings unpacked or at least in a condition that would hint that there was no intention to pack up to move. well we could continue speculating the infinite number of scenarios but maybe we should leave further speculation till after eagle has had a chance to check out the site again. were the site close to me i'd check it out for you Eagle. untill then i know all of us here on Tnet will be anxiously awaiting the newest tale of "the adventures of Eagle" lol.

Relichunter1, is that the club Gerry Edwards started?

As a sidenote, sorry Eagle; think the state is in bad shape now?, Cindy Sheehan is going for governor next run around:BangHead:

Relichunter1, is that the club Gerry Edwards started?

As a sidenote, sorry Eagle; think the state is in bad shape now?, Cindy Sheehan is going for governor next run around:BangHead:

damn, I think I just threw up in mouth a little bit thinking of that........sorry too graphic

No worries there mate. I too really enjoyed our time. A great meet up. We will hook up again. On the way out, I wanted to stop out at the bridge, but it looked like a city down there. We headed out for home right behind you. However, we did take a quick detour ride upriver at Bagby, up to Shepperds Point (<--spelling?). I hate to wish away time, but I'm really itching for this fall to get here and things to cool off. I just don't handle the heat well anymore.

Take care,
Jerry

Jerry, you talking the Bagby area at the bridge on McClure? I've been told the lake is really really low........might be a good spot to check out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back