zaxfire69
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 26, 2008
- Messages
- 1,611
- Reaction score
- 407
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I dug this shield nickel today. I am having trouble typing right now. The date is legible..My camera is having trouble picking up the details. Wish my HD camera was working. I have dug 1 shield nickel and 4 V-Nickels from a 20 ft square..Today when this one came out I could see the shield and knew it was a shield Nickel. I had no Idea it was 1 of 16,000 minted..May I introduce you to my best coin to date... I won't be cleaning this one.
The 1880 Shield Nickel
1 of 16,000 Minted in 1880
The 1880 Shield Nickel
1 of 16,000 Minted in 1880
Upvote
0
Looks like you scratched it by the left side of the shield. Good find for sure though.


I am really upset about this. Apparently they have a Community Coin watch group that said that because my coin wasn't graded there is no way it is real. That is was a replica. Well then I guess in 1880 when it was dropped in the same hole as the other 4- 1890-1911 V nickels that someone must have replicated it. Give me a break. I would love to talk personally with the yahoo that said that this coin was a replica. Just blows my mind.







