robfinds
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 6, 2007
- Messages
- 3,531
- Reaction score
- 4,422
- Golden Thread
- 5
- Location
- Yorkshire England
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- XP Goldmax
Hello,
I went round Doncaster museum yesterday, they have a very good Roman section (Doncaster was a Roman town "Danum"). In one case they had one of these objects, exactly like the one on the right. It was described as being from the top of a Roman helmet. To be honest, I'm not so sure, got at least another one of these somewhere.
Robert.
I went round Doncaster museum yesterday, they have a very good Roman section (Doncaster was a Roman town "Danum"). In one case they had one of these objects, exactly like the one on the right. It was described as being from the top of a Roman helmet. To be honest, I'm not so sure, got at least another one of these somewhere.
Robert.




Bearing in mind the Romans were masters of massive production & every helmet would look the same, otherwise they might have been picked up on inspection 






