Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Went back out to "Button City" to give the 5 inch coil another go :icon_thumleft:

Moving trees and brush,leaves,rocks i was able to pull 19 more finds :headbang:

Last time i was there i found the GW button :thumbsup:

We have hit this site hard but it keeps producing..Over 150 relics and a few coins from 1 cellar :o

This time i pulled a Haitian Phoenix button...This button is shrouded in mystery. :icon_scratch:

There is only 1 other example i could find of this button being found on the east coast of the U.S.

Mostly found on the West coast.
It reads je-renais-de-mes-cendres

Even better its Reg No 1...Does this make it even more rare :dontknow:
I have learned alot so far so i feel i should share it :thumbsup:

I also found a button inside a button :icon_scratch:

Anyone ever find one of these ???

Here are some links to the Phoenix

http://www.jstor.org/pss/25616604
http://neilinwestjersey.webs.com/apps/blog/show/2574949-je-renais-de-mes-cendres

Blaze

Attachments

• Phoenix  button city 002.jpg
    Phoenix button city 002.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1,460
  • Phoenix  button city 003.jpg
    Phoenix button city 003.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,467
  • Phoenix  button city 005.jpg
    Phoenix button city 005.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,499
  • Phoenix  button city 006.jpg
    Phoenix button city 006.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,418
  • Phoenix  button city 007.jpg
    Phoenix button city 007.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,510
  • Phoenix  button city 008.jpg
    Phoenix button city 008.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,590
Upvote 0
OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom that reply was amazing :hello2:

I didnt want to quote that :laughing7:

In depth and modern day standards couldnt get any better :icon_thumleft:

I should email the gentlemen who is doing the book :read2:

This area was a colonial town that nobody knows to much about and was part of the
Underground Railroad..As local history goes..

None of the houses in this town ever existed on maps and there are a dozen cellars or so

Blaze

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I am way behind on this post but that is the way my fall is going ::) That's been a really good site Blaze and you are having a great fall harvest :icon_pirat: Mainer is correct I found a badly worn 5th Regiment button in Orrington, Maine at an early 19th century Schooner building site . It is fun to learn the obscure history of these buttons which have a penchant for showing up { though not usually in great numbers } anywhere trade was being conducted in the early to mid 19th century in North America. The flower button is awesome too :icon_sunny: Lots of nice finds :o :icon_sunny: M. R.

schoser

Aug 15, 2009
Southeast Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
A few years ago a friend and i were hunting Tombstone, Az and he found one right in the middle of town...glad to see some more info on them here..

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
schoser said:
A few years ago a friend and i were hunting Tombstone, Az and he found one right in the middle of town...glad to see some more info on them here..
You can hunt Tombstone?? :icon_scratch:

JW15

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705 w/DD coil Backup- 505,305.
Sweet button score man!! :headbang: Interesting and informative post! :thumbsup:

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool buttons man i have to take a trip down there sometime and hit a phew 1700s cellar holes, and that 5'' coil is deadly accurate isn't it, it's the coil i use the majority of the time when i dig the finds in my videos. always Looking forward for your next post and with winter fast coming and ground frost just staring to creep in, next weekend will probably be the last of the detecting season.

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
I posted one here about 6-7 years ago from Massachusetts.. Nice find for sure, I thought mine was trash till i dug it.. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
"You can hunt Tombstone??"

Kuger, is there some law that prohibits metal detectors there? :dontknow: It's just a city, like any other city in the USA, right? (albeit with a colorful past, but then again, so too do lots of cities have historical monuments in them, afterall) As long as there's no municipal over-arching rule that prohibits it, then ....... why would something like (let's say) a downtown sidewalk tearout, or a building demo, or simply hunting curbstrips, or whatever not be ok?

There are actually very few cities across the USA with any rules about detectors (contrary to common belief). On the contrary: the stuff that usually gets brought up is NEVER rules about metal detectors. It's always about the "digging" or "defacement" type stuff (the knee-jerk reaction when busy-bodies make false assumptions about how you'll leave a place). 99% of all cities are simply silent on the issue, ...... and best left that way :tongue3:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA said:
"You can hunt Tombstone??"

Kuger, is there some law that prohibits metal detectors there? :dontknow: It's just a city, like any other city in the USA, right? (albeit with a colorful past, but then again, so too do lots of cities have historical monuments in them, afterall) As long as there's no municipal over-arching rule that prohibits it, then ....... why would something like (let's say) a downtown sidewalk tearout, or a building demo, or simply hunting curbstrips, or whatever not be ok?

There are actually very few cities across the USA with any rules about detectors (contrary to common belief). On the contrary: the stuff that usually gets brought up is NEVER rules about metal detectors. It's always about the "digging" or "defacement" type stuff (the knee-jerk reaction when busy-bodies make false assumptions about how you'll leave a place). 99% of all cities are simply silent on the issue, ...... and best left that way :tongue3:
Havent been there Tom,I dunno.If it is a a Park,like Colombia,Bodie......etc. etc. :dontknow:I will say I would have liked to be one of the first to hunt it if ya can!!

flatbuttonman

Dec 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyblaze said:
Went back out to "Button City" to give the 5 inch coil another go :icon_thumleft:

Moving trees and brush,leaves,rocks i was able to pull 19 more finds :headbang:

Last time i was there i found the GW button :thumbsup:

We have hit this site hard but it keeps producing..Over 150 relics and a few coins from 1 cellar :o

This time i pulled a Haitian Phoenix button...This button is shrouded in mystery. :icon_scratch:

There is only 1 other example i could find of this button being found on the east coast of the U.S.

Mostly found on the West coast.
It reads je-renais-de-mes-cendres

Even better its Reg No 1...Does this make it even more rare :dontknow:
I have learned alot so far so i feel i should share it :thumbsup:

I also found a button inside a button :icon_scratch:

Anyone ever find one of these ???

Here are some links to the Phoenix

http://www.jstor.org/pss/25616604
http://neilinwestjersey.webs.com/apps/blog/show/2574949-je-renais-de-mes-cendres

Blaze
Wow Wow!!!Great button it would have made my day!! Great Hunt I love the flat buttons!!
flatbuttonman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread