Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at my dump bank today and asked if they had any big dollar coins. The teller said "We just got a whole bunch! This old lady just brought 'em all in!" I was like "Do you know if this lady is a coin collector?" "Oh, she's definitely not! She just had 'em for some reason and wanted to get rid of them." Vault manager walks up "Here you go: 100 coins. I didn't get a chance to look through them so I can't tell you if there's anything good or not, but they're all ikes. We didn't have rolls for them, so we had to improvise." (He doesn't collect coins btw)

So here's what I came home with. I won't be able to go through these until tonight, but I'm hoping for something good!

100 IKES.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice score on the Ikes. I bet at least one of them is a 40%er.

Can't wait man. I recently posted that my stepdad remembered he had 134 Ikes from his Coinstar work days. It's a rush when you go through them. Big. Heavy. Silver. I got two Peace and 8 40% Ikes.

40% silver ikes and silver morgans are always nice but i also would keep an eye out for the 72 Type 2s and 71-D FEVs.......

Cool. If you don't find silver in the Ike's, you can ebay them and make 10-20 bucks.
Hope you score!

I am still new to this, what does IKE mean?

the president of the us known as "ike" as in-- his running for office motto --- I like Ike --a former 5 star general --he lead the us forces during WW2 on d day . *

Wait a second .....Old Lady.......Bank?!?!?!??!?!?! Anyone think this might be the wife of the infamous "Old Man", you know.... the one that's always "one step ahead of us"? he picks up the good stuff, and his wife does the dirty work of dumping. Perfect team

Wait a second .....Old Lady.......Bank?!?!?!??!?!?! Anyone think this might be the wife of the infamous "Old Man", you know.... the one that's always "one step ahead of us"? he picks up the good stuff, and his wife does the dirty work of dumping. Perfect team

Homie it's the perfect plan. Ain't no tellas gonna suspect an innocent old lady doing dirty work. Woman is probably stealin' guroladys coin star finds as we speak.

Dude - we're anxiously waiting to see what's in those lunch bags of Ikes!!! I've still got to go thru my 135 and post any varieties.

I went through them at about 1AM this morning. They are, in fact, 100 IKES. No Silver! Kind of a bummer. I'll have to go through and check for varieties today. Maybe this is the wife of the "Old Man" after all. HH Sleepy

I picked up sixty five Ikes from my bank last week. Nuttin' but clad. They were fun to play with them until I dumped them.

Last time I came across a horde like that- the teller said- "oh they were mine- there's no silver..."
Took them anyway- had 2 72 type 2s, and 2 more that would probably grade 65 or better...

Bound to be a goodie in there-! Good Luck

Everyone is looking for the silver and im happy about it because it leaves all the clads for me.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back