💵 FOR SALE The Original DETECTING BUDDY - detecting harness fits Minelab Whites Garrett Fisher

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EXTREME DETECTING is proud to offer our exclusive, patent pending detecting harness:

The Original DETECTING BUDDY

We have tried EVERY detecting harness that exists...
Each one of them had something wrong that didn't make them "perfect"..

One of the most "popular" brands was extremely hard to put on plus when you bent down (to dig a target) it seemed that your detector always got in the way...

Another brand forced you to wear a belt..

And still another was so complicated that you needed to be a rocket scientist just to get it to work...

We decided to build a better harness. All we can say is that it's the simpliest, easiest to use, most effective AND least expensive detecting harness we've ever come across.

Introducing the Original DETECTING BUDDY - it's like having a friend holding your detector whenever you're out swinging.

www.extremedetecting.com - only $24.95 shipped.

Attachments

• detecting buddy compressed.jpg
    detecting buddy compressed.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 998
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all for new products to help out, but any time a commercial shows improperly used competitor products to make them look inferior I immediately say "nope, NOT going to buy from you." Respect the intelligence of your audiance / customer.

OP
OP
E

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well - I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion BUT - the competitive product is being used EXACTLY as instructed by that manufacturer.
You can freeze the video at the 20-21 second spot and see that the person in the video has it connected to his body correctly.

Where it attaches to the shaft is a matter of personal preference. I have a picture directly from the competitor's website that shows the product attached just behind the control unit and another that shows the product attached further down the shaft.

So, may I ask - what do you believe about the video shows the other product being improperly used?

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it's not. I use one and it's no where near "correct" in it's use. The manufacturer's installation and use instructions don't say to have the clip at your navel! Having used one for the past year I can tell you that there is no way the clip is attached in the back unless you model is about 2 foot tall.

I'm not knocking your product, it looks good and I'd be willing to give it a try if you weren't trying to imply the swingy-thingy looked and behaved like you show.

Last edited:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Detecting Buddy looks excellent. Of the 2 systems I have looked at online (and actually a few others) I have been hesitant too buy because they look so cumbersome and complicated. I find hip-mounting can be a pain as well with the cables having to be attached to your body/control box, especially when you are digging,so if I am going to deal with something to relieve the weight it would nice to see something simple but practical and effective. Your product looks like it fits the bill. I will have to keep this page bookmarked. Great price!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used the other product for about 5 years, you adjust the length of the bungee cord between your shoulder and the shaft, there is no cable hanging below it, and I connect to detector just below the controls between coil and controls on the excal and sov and it still hangs controls up when I let go... I never ever have to disconnect it to knell, and it wasn't in my way. I use a harness 99.5 percent of the time I hunt... I hunt in the water with mine as well as on the land, when I let go of my excal it will hang off to my side, not in front of me, controls up.... I use it with a Minelab Excal, Sovereign GT and the SEF 15"x18" butterfly and WOT coils and the Minelab Etrac, as well as used it on the Whites 6000XL Pro and the other detectors I have used.......

I'm not saying yours isn't good, but to be honest by watching the video you can tell the person in it has never actually used the competitor harness, or has always used it wrong...Personally, I would make the video just showing your harness, let it speak for itself, I am sure it can stand on its own merit.... Just my opinion....:icon_thumright:

I no longer even use the competitor harness, I hook my bungee directly to my camelpac now so I always have water with me when I hunt......

I will say this, once you learn to use a harness you will most likely never go back to not using one.....

Last edited:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Looks pretty good and simple to me. Been thinking of harneses but still unsure of which one to get. Would be nice to see vids of all the different ones on real people to make an opinion and of course get opinions of those who actually use them

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to buy one, looks perfectly simple, which is better in my opinion.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I just did ...think it's what I have been looking for, now I won't have to hip-mount my Sovereign Elites.
Yeah I ordered one too *crosses fingers*

OP
OP
E

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to "cross fingers" - it works awesome.

It was demo'd yesterday at the DIV event in Culpeper, VA - people loved it - a few dozen were sold on the spot.

Tater Ball

Nov 4, 2012
WV
Detector(s) used
E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It isnt the design its hoping my machine works with it :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give it some time, once you get use to hunting with a harness you will not want to hunt with out one. I have been using a harness for the last 5 years, I want hunt with out one..........:icon_thumright:

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought one and only have a couple gripes that I noticed right off the bat :

1. The shoulder loop needs to be adjustable. I'm a skinny guy, 148 lbs. This makes swinging arm strap, when adjusted all the way up, just barely enough to get any pull on the detector. I think it was made mainly for larger guys. My hand holding my Pro-Pointer has to has pull down on the loop, while I swing. Not fun.

2. Ditch that cheap plastic clip. It broke on the first day, too easily. I put a small carbinger on it, what it really should have been.

Just my 2 cents on what can be done for it to be functional for all .

OP
OP
E

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will send you a replacement bungee section. Also - I will advise you on how to get it to work for the shortest person.
No one has had a problem with the plastic clip to date and there are about a hundred out there.
We used them for 3 months before approving the final design.
Thanks.

Curbdog

Feb 1, 2012
North Mid,TN
Detector(s) used
Makro Kruzer, Quest Q20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Update : Spoke to Barry about the problem I had with my Detecting Buddy. I admire that he was open to any and all feedback in order to make a better product. He acknowledged that he was always looking for room to improve the design. Great customer service here!

Barry sent out another Detecting Buddy the next day that had a different clip. From one detectorist to another, they stand behind their product. When I wear this one out, I will buy another.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes The loop is too big for me, the only way I can get it too keep the detector off the ground to any reasonable degree is with attaching stap as short as I can possibly get it, and then I have to use my non detecting hand to push the loop towards the ground to have enough tension to lift the detector, I could put another strap from the shoulder loop to my belt, which would probably work BTW I am about 5'7" and have a Minelab Elite which is a bit heavy. If I wear everything correctly with shortest setting my detector almost sits completely on the ground.
I bought one and only have a couple gripes that I noticed right off the bat :

1. The shoulder loop needs to be adjustable. I'm a skinny guy, 148 lbs. This makes swinging arm strap, when adjusted all the way up, just barely enough to get any pull on the detector. I think it was made mainly for larger guys. My hand holding my Pro-Pointer has to has pull down on the loop, while I swing. Not fun.

2. Ditch that cheap plastic clip. It broke on the first day, too easily. I put a small carbinger on it, what it really should have been.

Just my 2 cents on what can be done for it to be functional for all .

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received my Detecting Buddy today, and my first impressions...

Order handled PROMPTLY and professionally, received within 2 business days of mailing payment.

Workmanship...fit & finish are very good, this item does NOT look like someones garage project.

Adjustment & use... Easy and benefit noticed within seconds of use. I'm 5' 8" and did have to adjust "all the way" to work properly. (strap could easily be shortened more by adding another buckle, sewing a fold, or knotting, and bungee could easily be shortened in several ways also)

Materials...probably adequate for beach and park swingers in most environments. Just thinking aloud here, I do have some concern about the longevity of both the plastic clip and the "pleather" padding during winter(below freezing) hunting in the woods. Plastics, cold temps and pointy sticks don't always play nicely together. We'll see, hopefully these small concerns are unfounded.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase at this point...and look forward to running it through its paces in the coming months.

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread