💵 FOR SALE The Original DETECTING BUDDY - detecting harness fits Minelab Whites Garrett Fisher

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are very welcome.

We made some minor but effective adjustments to the clip/bungee section (for the strap attachment) and as soon as we received the new version we replaced it for every person that had already bought one.

Although it was a pretty big expense to send that out to everyone, we believe a company is only as good as it's customer service....

Cool I read this Earlier today :laughing7: My mail just came
& Christmas is Early :laughing9:

I would have been curious otherwise

Thanks !
Jeff

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I had added a more taut and less stretchy attachment, now it works perfectly, I can think of several improvements that will make this THE can't do with out accessory. I do very nice drawings for instruction/illustrative purposes. Maybe I will do some examples of improvements. The simplicity of it is the best selling point.
Cool I read this Earlier today :laughing7: My mail just came
& Christmas is Early :laughing9:

I would have been curious otherwise

Thanks !
Jeff

OP
OP
E

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, XP Deus 1 and Deus 2, Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're interested in your ideas...

I'd be interested in what you are thinking about in terms of improvements...please email me at [email protected] when you have something to show...thanks...and yes we went for the K.I.S.S. methodology when we designed this...

Actually I had added a more taut and less stretchy attachment, now it works perfectly, I can think of several improvements that will make this THE can't do with out accessory. I do very nice drawings for instruction/illustrative purposes. Maybe I will do some examples of improvements. The simplicity of it is the best selling point.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will after the presents are opened and the New Year has come...maybe have a minute to catch my breath then!
I'd be interested in what you are thinking about in terms of improvements...please email me at [email protected] when you have something to show...thanks...and yes we went for the K.I.S.S. methodology when we designed this...

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received my clip/bungie section thanks,I like the harness,I did replace
your clip with a 2" metal clip for a quick detach,I unhook most of the
time.just works better for me.

Thanks Bill

OP
OP
E

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill - I think you'll find the new clip is much faster to hook and unhook....but feel free to use what works for you...Enjoy.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outstanding customer service! Thank you!

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my Detecting Buddy and I'm pleased with it for the money. Forget the snap. Just slip your 4 fingers through the loop and grab the detector grip. Slip them out when you go to dig the target and put them back in when you're ready go. The only modification that could improve on that is maybe a neoprene padded loop for your fingers to fit into. Heck, I'd make the whole thing out of neoprene. Also I would make the loop that you stick your arm through a little narrower and less bulky as well.

You won't regret getting one.

tabman

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the improvements that might make it a bit more comfortable is a soft material cover at the Y or T where the strap from the detector meets the shoulder loop. I can see this being pretty rough on the neck on a hot day when one might only wear a t-shirt. I will say the number one thing I like about this harness is the fact that it's staying simple. Simple and effective beats complex tangley cumbersome systems where there are plenty of places for failure/glitches in the design.(Personally I don't want to feel like I am wearing a backpack!)I can slip this off my shoulder when I set the detector down with no problem and it's back on in a jiffy. I also have a set of wireless headphones....very freeing: no back/arm ache, no fatigue and no cords. Finally feel like I am in the 21st century!

Last edited:

HighTone

Jun 30, 2011
Monroe County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Etrac ~ Tesoro Vaquero ~ Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got mine today..Quick shipping can't wait to give it a spin.

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EXTREME DETECTING is proud to offer our exclusive, patent pending detecting harness:

The Original DETECTING BUDDY

We have tried EVERY detecting harness that exists...
Each one of them had something wrong that didn't make them "perfect"..

One of the most "popular" brands was extremely hard to put on plus when you bent down (to dig a target) it seemed that your detector always got in the way...

Another brand forced you to wear a belt..

And still another was so complicated that you needed to be a rocket scientist just to get it to work...

We decided to build a better harness. All we can say is that it's the simpliest, easiest to use, most effective AND least expensive detecting harness we've ever come across.

Introducing the Original DETECTING BUDDY - it's like having a friend holding your detector whenever you're out swinging.

www.extremedetecting.com - only $19.99 shipped.

Ordered one yesterday!!! Can't wait until it arrives!!!

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a REALLY good idea I think I'll try that with mine!

I got my Detecting Buddy and I'm pleased with it for the money. Forget the snap. Just slip your 4 fingers through the loop and grab the detector grip. Slip them out when you go to dig the target and put them back in when you're ready go. The only modification that could improve on that is maybe a neoprene padded loop for your fingers to fit into. Heck, I'd make the whole thing out of neoprene. Also I would make the loop that you stick your arm through a little narrower and less bulky as well.

You won't regret getting one.

tabman

gee_mg

Aug 23, 2012
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster P.I. Dual Field; Minelab Sovereign GT; CTX 3030; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome, it came in less than 4 days!!!! Can't wait to detect in the morning.... plan is to get up at 4am and leave by 5!!!

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use mine every time I detect! Makes my Etrac light as a feather. I can hunt for 7 hours easy.
awesome, it came in less than 4 days!!!! Can't wait to detect in the morning.... plan is to get up at 4am and leave by 5!!!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received mine fast thanks... I also love that its very simple. I can now swing my Etrac all day and never have any arm discomfort. I have been digging since the late 70's...

The mod I would make is to eliminate the part the you put your arm through, and have it replaced with a belt loop. I am right handed so I take the loop end and run my belt through it just to the left side of my back middle belt loop. then up over my right shoulder. It takes any weight off of your arms and shoulders and actually puts the weight on your belt over your shoulder. It works great this way.
Thanks for a really great product and at a great price!
Gary from Oregon

OP
OP
E

extreme detecting

Jun 21, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still the ULTIMATE harness - most effective and best priced unit on the market!!!

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree... this thing rocks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread