laralucine
Sr. Member
- #1
Thread Owner
The "other" member hunt...
Nice to read all of the posts from the encampment hunt - it looks like you all had a wonderful time! While you were all whooping it up down there, Kim (Country Girl) was generous enough (and speedy and organized enough) to host some of us New England folks for a Saturday hunt. We found tons of shotgun shells, small shell casings, iron stuff, tools, etc. I found nails EVERYWHERE (including the overlook from where Country Girl's avatar photo was taken, where nothing was ever built
). I also dug two pipes out in the middle of nowhere. 
It was really great to meet everyone. Girls rule, of course - we outlasted the guys, who went home midday, and Kim and I went back to hunt her house, built in 1870. She was saying she wished she could have seen our faces when we laid eyes on it, so I took the pic below. (think I screwed it up, may be rotated). I was too lazy and tired to take good separate pix of the finds, but here's a "group photo". Also, I'll post one of the bullets on another board, have some questions. Anyway, welcome home everyone, and HH!
Lara
Nice to read all of the posts from the encampment hunt - it looks like you all had a wonderful time! While you were all whooping it up down there, Kim (Country Girl) was generous enough (and speedy and organized enough) to host some of us New England folks for a Saturday hunt. We found tons of shotgun shells, small shell casings, iron stuff, tools, etc. I found nails EVERYWHERE (including the overlook from where Country Girl's avatar photo was taken, where nothing was ever built
). I also dug two pipes out in the middle of nowhere. 
It was really great to meet everyone. Girls rule, of course - we outlasted the guys, who went home midday, and Kim and I went back to hunt her house, built in 1870. She was saying she wished she could have seen our faces when we laid eyes on it, so I took the pic below. (think I screwed it up, may be rotated). I was too lazy and tired to take good separate pix of the finds, but here's a "group photo". Also, I'll post one of the bullets on another board, have some questions. Anyway, welcome home everyone, and HH!
Lara

Lara: Sounds like a marvelous day! Wish I was there! Super Finds too!!! In your Pic, you seem to have the look of hopeful
Come on down south any time and enjoy some sunshine with us, an open invitation! ( OOPS! Is my address on my personal information?) Whew, that was a close call!

We had a 1-1.5 hour drive home and wanted to hit a couple lakes/beaches in the area before we got back, so had to head out early.






