What's new

The Pickings Are Getting Lean

tabman

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2011
Messages
2,309
Reaction score
7,255
Golden Thread
2
Location
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worked my butt off today and only managed one silver coin, a 1959 Rosie. I thought I was going to have a really good day, because I had a great site lined up to detect. I put all of my stock in that site and I didn't have a backup site to detect.

Right off the bat I found several wheat pennies, then I hear this boom music. A couple of car loads of rough looking characters stopped and parked in front of a house a couple of doors down. They got out and started milling around and looking up my way.

I couldn't concentrate on detecting so I got the hell out of there. I spent the rest of my time hitting some curb and sidewalk grassy areas. I was surprised when I pop the Rosie, because it wasn't a very good looking spot.

This was my 92nd hunt for the year and my grand total for silver coins this year is 245.
I'll total all my gold and silver rings and other jewelry at the end of the year.

tabman
 

Attachments

  • F75DST 1959 Rosie 002.webp
    F75DST 1959 Rosie 002.webp
    684.6 KB · Views: 125
  • F75DST 1959 Rosie 003.webp
    F75DST 1959 Rosie 003.webp
    165.7 KB · Views: 121
  • F75DST 1959 Rosie 011.webp
    F75DST 1959 Rosie 011.webp
    180.2 KB · Views: 114
  • F75DST 1959 Rosie 006.webp
    F75DST 1959 Rosie 006.webp
    329 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 24
Well maybe you can get back to the better site without the hoodlums hanging around -soon ! sounds like it has potential for a silver merc or two with all those wheats coming up !
 
5 more to go....get out thar! Amazing count, tabman. HH & HH ALL!
 
Congratualtions! Count up to 250, keep going! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on keeping the streak alive tabman. :occasion14: Maybe tomorrow you can go back and clean up the 1st site. :dontknow:
 
Good finds, keep slinging dirt
 
Thanks Everyone! The pressure is mounting and time is short.

I'm hitting it again in the morning. All my good detecting spots have been rape, pillaged and blundered. I need virgin ground.

tabman
 
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds Tabman! Also - congrat's on being aware of what is going on around you (guys milling around). It amazes me how some people haven't a clue what is going on around them.
 
Situational awareness very important....congrads on finds
 
Hey Tab, I know some virgin ground in Detroit. Could get your quota there possibly. Not many rough looking people up that way.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom