The Poem - NEWBIES START HERE!

P

pancho_semplice

This is the collection of lines and their (page numbers) that appear throughout the book.? The actual meaning of it is still much debated, but this is the agreed upon poem in the forum.?

If anyone has a dispute with what I have posted here, please let me know.? This post is meant to be as accurate as possible, and I do not want ANY errors.? The letters in () are missing and/or disputed at this time.?

This will be a living post that I will edit as needed.

LAST UPDATE: March 30, 2005
I have removed 'there are thirteen' from the poem. It simply doesn't fit, and without it we have a poem that is 18 lines in 9 couplets. At this time there is not another line to create a tenth couplet, nor does 'there are thirteen' fit with the rest of the lines.

THE TREASURE'S TROVE POEM

Hidden well no eye can see.? (10)
Below sky and above earth be.? (16)
Treasures tweleve for (y)ou to keep.? (20-21)
Around the states tweleve places to seek.? (22)
Not on private property nor in anyone?s hands.? (25)
Nothing to be disturbed thru the lands.? (31)
Each is outside for you to find.? (33)
N(o) digging or prying just reach inside.? (38-39)
An even code with on(e) piece nary.? (41)
Will spell out the sanctuary.? (46)
Within the text you have the key.? (48)
For the one that is missing you did not see.? (52)
A code of numbers five to a side.? (59)
Reveals the name where the treasures abide.? (63)
With name in hand the faeries know.? (66)
And they will show you where to go.? (69)
Sieze your (t)oken and reach your goal.? (78)
The secret is not half but it is not whole.? (83)

OP
OP
P

pancho_semplice

Re: The Poem - NEWBIES START HERE

There have been reports of a second "sub-poem" whose validity is still much in question. Be weary of it unless you are able to confirm its existence yourself.

L

LitDoc

On page 77, you have the phrase "Now you know" enclosed in parentheses. What does this mean? Thank you.

OP
OP
P

pancho_semplice

LitDoc, that sub poem had a line 'Now you know there are thirteen.' While I seriously doubt the validity of the sub poem, there is a possibility that this is part of the picture we are missing. I have yet to confirm it, so that is why I have placed it in ().

H

haley

Pancho-- MS did say that pook was the thirteenth jewel!

---------Haley

OP
OP
P

pancho_semplice

I have put parentheses around the 'there are thirteen'. I don't believe it is part of the poem.

Two Reasons:
1. It doesn't fit with the rhythm.
2. It doesn't have a rhyming partner; all the rest are duos of couplets.

Mar 29, 2005
pancho_semplice,

I agree. "there are thirteen" just doesn't fin bcause it doesn't have a rhyming partner. Also, If you were wondering what NARY meant, it means "not one". Which doesn't make any sense because now the line would be:
"An even code with one piece not one.", but that is what the dictionary said.

treasurehunter56

H

haley

Pancho-

An even code with on(e) piece nary. (41) rymes with this line: Will spell out the sanctuary. (46)

Haley

T

Twilightthief

Has anyone tried the 5x5 code that Stadther mentioned in the poem?

I think I read somewhere that you have to cut out a 5x5 grid and use it throughtout the text?

Maybe I'm not on the right track....can anyone verify it?

P

PugLOVER

Twilightthief said:
Has anyone tried the 5x5 code that Stadther mentioned in the poem?

I think I read somewhere that you have to cut out a 5x5 grid and use it throughtout the text?

Maybe I'm not on the right track....can anyone verify it?
I am totally lost what poem did stadther metion this 5x5 grid in? Also what do you use it for? Sorry for the stupid Q's but i am new. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread