What's new

The "Proofs" are in the pudding.

JD-GA

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2010
Messages
467
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The "Proofs" are in the pudding.

At least it was so hot today i felt like pudding. Anyway i picked up $450 in halves today from a bank and the teller of course said these were all brought in by a guy who takes all the good ones out. In true to form fashion i never listen to that anymore and noticed 1 of the rolls were different than all the others. Weird roll to say the least. 11 of the best looking proofs no longer in their case ive ever seen. I mean nearly perfect, and 7 silver proofs from 99 to 2004 that are also nearly perfect. Yes i went back and asked if they guy with the one different roll brought in quarters , dimes, or anything else and i was told no. Also found 6 more 64s, 4 67s, and a ben in a teller tray. Now i know the non silver proofs arent really worth anything but what about silver proofs in nearly perfect condition? Ill load up some pics later.
 
Upvote 0
Re: The "Proofs" are in the pudding.

JD,
Congrats!
I know some do not keep proofs, I keep them all -- silver and clad. If for no other reason than they are exceptionally fine examples of coins (except the most beat up ones of course.)
Great job on the silver.
Steve
 
Re: The "Proofs" are in the pudding.

Unless they are silver proofs, they are just occupying fifty cents I could be using to buy some silver.
 
Re: The "Proofs" are in the pudding.

Steve i like them too and have even traded some strait up for silver halves to a lady who wanted them for her collection books. However ive got 5 or 6 rolls of non silver proofs now and many of the same dates. Gonna have to cut um loose sooner or later but i agree they are cool coins. The silver proofs however i dont know what to do with them. They are in exceptional shape for no longer being incased. I mean you have to use a lens to see any hair scratches at all. Some of the dates are bringing $25 to $35 on feebay. Though i dont think i could bring myself to call them uncirculated like the guys fetching those prices do.
 
Re: The "Proofs" are in the pudding.

I agree with Steve L. keep them for now, down the road you can always cut them loose.
 
Re: The "Proofs" are in the pudding.

JD-GA,
Wow...you did it again. Great find and great persistence in getting them. Keep the clad proofs since they are "S" mint marks and unique coins. I keep all I get just to fill the books. The silver ones are excellent. I'd keep them as they will go up in price over the years. No doubt about it. Once again, my heartiest congratulations on another great score.
rileyboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom