What's new

The "rattle & vibe" of Gold

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That “rattle & vibe” of Gold


Yep, it's all in the rattle and vibe. Ever notice it? If you close your eyes you can almost guess what's rattling around your scoop just by the sound it makes, especially in aluminum scoops. Pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters, lead fishing weights, chains, and of course, even those dreaded pull tabs. And in all of this these there is also gold, that dense yellow metal that has just the loveliest of sounds, especially rings, sort of a harmonic, classy, thud-thud with a bit of a lively, yet hollow, resonating twang, if you will. It's not like a clang-clang or a bang-bang or a tap-tap or a tick-tick or rap-rap, but it's almost a ding-ding, but a little different, close to a ring-ring, but that's usually just silver. And platinum, entirely different yet, and strangely, not quite as lively as gold, but not near as dead sounding as lead. And we've not even discussed feel, those tell-tell vibrations that trickle up the handle of your aluminum scoop right into the palm of your hand. Can slaw, this combination of rattle and vibration reminds me of someone dragging their fingernails across a chalkboard. Makes the hair standup on the back of my neck. Lead fishing weights, this combination of rattle and vibration reminds me of a thick front door with a heavy door knocker. But gold, I'll tell ya, the combination of rattle and vibration here reminds me of that perfectly smooth gold swing at the exact moment the club-face strikes the ball, “ping!” It's just the perfect combination of rattle & vibe and it's one that's actually quite unmistakeable, unless it's a really heavy piece, then it's more like, “PING!-PING!” Which is still quite unmistakeable. Now then, "sweet dreams" - and try and get that sound out of your head tonight! :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
You write so well, Bigscoop:hello:

I've also heard "BWONK, BWONK" on those solid , "fatties"

Lorraine
 
When I get a really good signal that I think could be a gold ring, I shake the scoop without looking in it and hope for that sound...nothing like hearing the sound of a ring in the scoop...I think Ill put one in my scoop and shake it right now.
 
only mistake you made is breaking that 2 ct. diamond for beating the crap out of it . bahhhhhh.be easy with the jewelry
 
When I get a really good signal that I think could be a gold ring, I shake the scoop without looking in it and hope for that sound...nothing like hearing the sound of a ring in the scoop...I think Ill put one in my scoop and shake it right now.

Hey, good idea! Might start doing that before every hunt from now on. We could call it, "tuning the scoop" before the hunt. We could ask other hunters if they're using tuned scoops, maybe even market our own, "pre-tuned scoops." :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
that's like I call the big ones - specially class rings "klunkers"
in my scoop they make a klunk klunk - when there are no rocks and shells
 
that's like I call the big ones - specially class rings "klunkers"
in my scoop they make a klunk klunk - when there are no rocks and shells

Is that "klunk-klunk" similar to the lead weight door knocker sound & vibe, or is it just a tad bit sweeter then that? :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom