The Real History......

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn said:
Hitler had many problems, probably because of the inbreeding in his family history that he tried to cover up.

Edison was a great inventor. He worked many hours to prefect a practical light bulb. He started with a carbon coated hair and tried many solutions. I think the final was carbon coated tungsten wire. He didn't steal the other guys idea.
Frank

Anything Franks says is true & correct. Forget any book, I prefer sir Frank!! Missed you Frank!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really??? I see sources being given :laughing7:

Yes, there are some facts in history that are not true and correct... But... To say you are the only one that knows these facts though your unnamed books is just looking for trouble. You leave no room for discussion, only a "prove me wrong comment"

Pretty sad comment for a debate, or discussion:laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

Really??? I see sources being given :laughing7:

Yes, there are some facts in history that are not true and correct... But... To say you are the only one that knows these facts though your unnamed books is just looking for trouble. You leave no room for discussion, only a "prove me wrong comment"

Pretty sad comment for a debate, or discussion:laughing7:

But you are believing your source, which is something you simply read from a book. That's exactly what Red is doing. How do you know for sure that your book is the true version of history? Were you there when the events happened? The accepted history is also written in a book, just like your revision. That tells us that just because something is written down, that doesn't make it true. So again, which version do we believe, the accepted one, or the revision? Your revision, of another?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again.... The idea is to show your source so people can read, digest, and come to their own conclusions.

Pretty simple process, huh :laughing7:

K

Kentucky Kache

Again.... The idea is to show your source so people can read, digest, and come to their own conclusions.

Pretty simple process, huh :laughing7:

I get that, but what good does it do to read it if you don't know what to believe? If you have proof that your version is correct, then you shouldn't need to see anything else. If you don't have proof, then maybe you shouldn't be so quick to put down other versions.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Packer, I will have a cup if there is enough.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When someone asks for a source and it's not provided, how much faith would you put into their idea. :dontknow: Like I said, provide some sort of documentation and let the reader decide for themselves. You can discuss, or debate facts once you know what you are dealing with. Other than that, it's just an urban legend, or fairy tale to me :laughing7:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also say U2 aircraft didn't fly missions over Vietnam from aircraft carriers. Funny, I helped push one to the fantail of an aircraft carrier in the Tonkin Gulf so it could take off effortless without the use of a catapult and only using half of the deck to get airborn. It had landed on the ship a short time earlier and the pilot carried film cases into the island. Such is history.

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

When someone asks for a source and it's not provided, how much faith would you put into their idea. :dontknow: Like I said, provide some sort of documentation and let the reader decide for themselves. You can discuss, or debate facts once you know what you are dealing with. Other than that, it's just an urban legend, or fairy tale to me :laughing7:

True. But without facts, even your source is worthless. That's why I say you're doing the same thing Red is doing - believing things just because you read them in a book.

K

Kentucky Kache

They also say U2 aircraft didn't fly missions over Vietnam. Funny, I helped push one to the fantail of an aircraft carrier in the Tonkin Gulf so it could take off effortless without the use of a catapult and only using half of the deck to get airborn. It had landed on the ship a short time earlier and the pilot carried film cases into the island. Such is history.

Looks like you joined in. I guess the coffee was a good Idea.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also say U2 aircraft didn't fly missions over Vietnam. Funny, I helped push one to the fantail of an aircraft carrier in the Tonkin Gulf so it could take off effortless without the use of a catapult and only using half of the deck to get airborn. It had landed on the ship a short time earlier and the pilot carried film cases into the island. Such is history.

Part of my job in air force during the late 60s while in SE Asia was developing and studying film from U-2 and SR-71s plotting on maps what was on the film and making up briefing reports of what was there.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker, we didn't fight in Cambodia either according to official sources :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Credible facts and sources in research. Plus what's left out of written (common)history due to secrecy or the victors view,even the authors view makes truth elusive in many cases. Finding multiple accounts unknown or related to each other can help,but the gremlin of something being commonly accepted can taint truth. Don,t records reflect what author wants?. The more i can acquire on a subject ups the odds of finding the real (?)truth. If someone can quote chapter and verse so much the better. I do not get offended if it opposes a previous conception,just file it for reference in case other sources keep matching. I have had plenty of facts wrong before and will again. Thus for me argument limited,but willing to share sources. Willing to argue sometimes though.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, lets finish up this debate. History books are like treasure hunting books, you read several versions and drop out the odd "facts" and keep the common facts. I have been around since the beginning of TV and have witnessed events as they unfolded and were later edited out like that federal attack on that crazy preachers compound in Texas. I witnessed the Flaming napon dripping from the tank barrel as it pulled out. The next day that sean was cut. So history is truly biased by the presenter. It's up to the observer to filter the event with logic. You can only truly trust what you have witnessed yourself like that embassy attack where I saw men with AK's, H&K M5's and RPG's live on TV. It's harder to hide or change things today because of instant coverage. Look at the Bible. There are variations between what the followers presented but you have to remember that those accounts were written years after the facts. Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 65

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread