What's new

The REAL Terry Soloman

JMHO, but I believe having all that personal info inside your cell phone is just nuts.
I have a later generation Iphone, but it is used strictly for phone calls, text and photo's.
IMO, putting your credit card info, bank account info and other personal information
in a cell phone is like putting your precious gold ore in a bucket full of holes. I don't go
on the web on my phone, nor do email. The only password on the phone is my Iphone
password, and I don't think they can buy much with that.

I keep a separate bank account that is used for all online purchases, and only transfer
the needed amount into it. If it gets hacked, the best they'll get is about five bucks.

I have a desktop computer I use for all the rest. I've been running Bitdefender for several
years; it's considered as the best out there, and it's always done it's job. If it says "Don't
do this", then I listen to it.

Not that it won't ever happen, but so far I've never had a credit card or any other account hacked.
You are probably right. I should probably refresh things. But I don’t have a home PC, nor do I have WiFii satellite or cable internet.
 
30+ years ago, my 1st wife (who did not need the money) used my identity to rent an apartment in San Diego, left with outstanding charges. Then went back to Tampa and bought a house and put my name on it. I found out when we went to buy another home out here, went through hell trying to straighten it all out, even had to call the bank in Tamp and make them prove it was my signature. Why any bank, or rental company would allow anyone to sign without proper ID's is beyond me. She could have paid cash for the house, but for whatever reason just wanted to get back at me, never will know why, a smart woman who OD'ed and left behind a 10 yo. ( not mine)

To top it off I dropped my facebook account several years ago, because it was constantly being hacked, I would log in and find everything in Arabic, facebook would do nothing.

Fully understand trying to clear your name.
 
To top it off I dropped my facebook account several years ago, because it was constantly being hacked, I would log in and find everything in Arabic, facebook would do nothing.

Closed my Facebook account many years ago. About two years ago, I started getting Facebook emails in Chinese! How they hacked my closed account is beyond me, but Facebook wouldn't let me have a second account, even though I told them it had been hacked AFTER I closed the account. They couldn't explain how that happened and didn't care. No big loss. I only had it for six months. Got tired of all the friend requests from buxom California blondes named Heather, Kandi and Tiffany! No way would any of them want to be my friend! I'm not that gullible...
 
30+ years ago, my 1st wife (who did not need the money) used my identity to rent an apartment in San Diego, left with outstanding charges. Then went back to Tampa and bought a house and put my name on it. I found out when we went to buy another home out here, went through hell trying to straighten it all out, even had to call the bank in Tamp and make them prove it was my signature. Why any bank, or rental company would allow anyone to sign without proper ID's is beyond me. She could have paid cash for the house, but for whatever reason just wanted to get back at me, never will know why, a smart woman who OD'ed and left behind a 10 yo. ( not mine)

To top it off I dropped my facebook account several years ago, because it was constantly being hacked, I would log in and find everything in Arabic, facebook would do nothing.

Fully understand trying to clear your name.
Horrible but interesting account of how things sometimes turn out in this world. Question - did the vindictive ex wife go to jail for felony fraud?
 
Got tired of all the friend requests from buxom California blondes named Heather, Kandi and Tiffany! No way would any of them want to be my friend! I'm not that gullible...

I've turned off the "People you may know" in every possible way, yet, every time I
open the page I've got to delete dozens/hundreds of "people you may know". Yesterday
afternoon I clicked the X over 300 times to get them all deleted.

I've been on fbook to keep track of old friends and family, but it's really not worth
the effort any more.
 
Hope you get it taken care of Terry. You would think those types of people would have something better to do with their time. Oh wait, they don't have real jobs so they have to steal from others.
 
Last week my account was hacked by someone overseas. I found out when a member called me asking about the "Manticore you are selling." Since I have never owned a Manticore, I was very concerned. After several conversations with forum moderator Martin, I finally was able to regain access to my account.
While I'm angry, I'm also very upset and sick to my stomach because this a-hole stole money from members using my name. I'm not sure what I can do, but I have reported this to PayPal, and my local Cyber Crimes police division.
We can send astronauts to the moon, but we can't stop these low life hackers. Karma will find them. Eventually.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom