The Rock Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Deducer, what Waltz told was to give an image of how well the mine was concealed. That fact doesn't means someone would walk over the mine ever.

I think he really meant what he said. He literally said that one could walk within a few feet of it and miss it. He also said that no miner could ever find his mine.

It's not a matter of the mine being concealed- it was actually right out in the open, if we are to believe John Spangler.

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Fellow Dutch Hunters,

Jacob Waltz's directions could not be more precise, if you follow them, the rock man is exactly as he described. Yes it is big, as it can be seen poking over the point of a brushy ridge. He even said he rode up to it, and worked with his pick on the eyes, nose and mouth. His clues can be used to verify other clues.
Many say Waltz was wrong, on some of his clues. I don't believe this to be true. I say it was those quoting him, who got some clues mixed up. May have been Dick, or Brownie Holmes, or Julia Thomas, or Rinehart Petrash, or anyone else.
I could touch on many clues that can be cross checked with other of Waltz clues to prove them right, or wrong. But this is about the rock man clue. The clue that says the rock man is 200 feet across the canyon from the mine is not real. It was a mix up of clues. That would place the mine in a slot canyon. Remember the mine is high on a mountain, it would need to have another high mountain just 200 feet away. The 220 feet clue is about something else, not about the rock man. "The rays of the setting sun, shine into my mine, through a break in the mountains, and glitters on the gold." This clue also tells you there is no rock man 200 feet directly across the mine.
Waltz gave many clues of his mines location, but many have mixed them up to fit their finds.

Homar

Homar, you are talking about two different things. There is a big rock that looks like a face that looks right at the entrance to the mine from across the canyon. It looks into the ravine that the mine is located in. I know of someone who has personally seen it and he said it was the size of a Volkswagon and it is still there. Once you see it, it's hard to miss.

And there's "the rock that looks like a man," that's also a significant marker. Due to his poor eyesight, Waltz literally mistook this rock for being a real man.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Homar, you are talking about two different things. There is a big rock that looks like a face that looks right at the entrance to the mine from across the canyon. It looks into the ravine that the mine is located in. I know of someone who has personally seen it and he said it was the size of a Volkswagon and it is still there. Once you see it, it's hard to miss.

And there's "the rock that looks like a man," that's also a significant marker. Due to his poor eyesight, Waltz literally mistook this rock for being a real man.
Good morning Deducer.
The gold deposit I found (the one I think is the LDM across of the hidden camp)
Has a rock face looking right at it.
Sometimes I forget about that clue. Not to be confused with the Rock Man clue, which is a different clue.

Here is a GE image of the area I think is where the lower LDM mine is.

Just left of the 4 white circles on the right hand side of the image ā€¦ looks like a face, and he seems to be looking directly across this image, over to the left sideā€¦.. where the gold deposit is.

Is that the rock face thatā€™s looking right at Waltzā€™ mine? šŸ˜
IMG_0618.jpeg

PS - there werenā€™t any caches in the eye socket. We checked. Such is life ā˜ŗļø

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he really meant what he said. He literally said that one could walk within a few feet of it and miss it. He also said that no miner could ever find his mine.

It's not a matter of the mine being concealed- it was actually right out in the open, if we are to believe John Spangler.
John Spangler was talking about the inclined shaft, which is in a small opening. At the Waltz's mine has little space, enough to move your body around.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
John Spangler was talking about the inclined shaft, which is in a small opening. At the Waltz's mine has little space, enough to move your body around.
Guys I know it easy to veer off, and I'm guilty too.
Rock man is the thread.
Thanks,
Idahodutch

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only for interested LDM researchers, here is a GE image of the real rock man profile mentioned by Waltz in his deathbed confession. In the second image , I marked with yellow, the part of the landmark which the Peraltas have choose to depict in their original deer skin Profile map.

Attachments

• profile rock.png
    profile rock.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 38
  • profile rock2.png
    profile rock2.png
    45 KB · Views: 36

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Only for interested LDM researchers, here is a GE image of the real rock man profile mentioned by Waltz in his deathbed confession. In the second image , I marked with yellow, the part of the landmark which the Peraltas have choose to depict in their original deer skin Profile map.

Don't be silly Marius. Nobody constructed monuments designed to be viewed from GE.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be silly Marius. Nobody constructed monuments designed to be viewed from GE.
This is a natural monument. Nature in some parts of the Superstitions was very inspired.

Last edited:

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a natural monument. Nature in some parts of the Superstitions is very inspired.

Not sure why you think someone would construct a monument designed to be viewed from the sky? I know I'm flogging a dead horse with you over this, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you are so stubborn about using GE.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure why you think someone would construct a monument designed to be viewed from the sky? I know I'm flogging a dead horse with you over this, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you are so stubborn about using GE.
Is the only you can get and thanks God for this.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Deducer,
I agree, thank you. šŸ‘

there have been monuments / lines in the dirt ā€¦. Peru comes to mind,
But this isnā€™t Peru, and I also am having a hard time understanding what the heck?
Iā€™m glad you said something, because something needed to be said.

Why wouldWaltz ever tell Holmes to look for rock man than can only be viewed properly from very high altitudesā€¦ā€¦ when Waltz at that moment, has Holmes heading south on the trail to San Carlos watching ridge lines for the turn off clue.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes folks believe a deity can observe from above.
Others believe the dead visit places that can view from above.
You don't have to know why or agree. You just need to know that being very determined can leave signs.

I'm all for tiny signs. Like a foot square at 20 yards tiny so I don't miss it; but don't have to lean backwards to read it.
But that's not up to me if I don't place or make the sign.
(Preferably along a convenient path.)

I'm not going to look for a recent ariel of my hunting property I have sculpted.
I didn't design it to view from the air. Rather for my movement and activities and game movement and activates.

I did wave a hunters orange ballcap out the window some time back to dissuade a curious or deliberate plane getting much too personal.

Are Nazca lines visible from above? Deliberately? As in created for that purpose alone?
Why are they then?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Is the only you can get and thanks God for this.
Markmar,
It looks like some words might be missing ā€¦.. one word at least.
the only_you can get, and thanks God for this.
Enlighten us please šŸ˜

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Part of Waltz being able to look down from above his mine and seeing the military trail is the beginning of triangulation. Or at least could be.
Just as ice fishing on a home lake when I lined up a particular house with a windmill and a third indicator.

To disallow looking down. You need to be in the lowest point of sight ability.
"Properly" viewed doesn't mean it cannot be seen.
Nor did it have to be in a ridgeline or lines.
Could a pink lunch box in your way that you almost have to trip over tell you the /a distant ridge line or ridges intersection or a gap on the horizon are what your looking for?
Would the lunchbox at your feet be above your sightline?
Turtle shell helmet sized rock with a sprue of a base and we're all set. Heck a surplus store pith helmet would suffice.
No. Waltz wasn't telling Holmes a pith helmet laid in the right trail. Right as in proper /properly traveled trail. Not right as in right Vs left trail.

Deducer,
I agree, thank you. šŸ‘

there have been monuments / lines in the dirt ā€¦. Peru comes to mind,
But this isnā€™t Peru, and I also am having a hard time understanding what the heck?
Iā€™m glad you said something, because something needed to be said.

Why wouldWaltz ever tell Holmes to look for rock man than can only be viewed properly from very high altitudesā€¦ā€¦ when Waltz at that moment, has Holmes heading south on the trail to San Carlos watching ridge lines for the turn off clue.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Part of Waltz being able to look down from above his mine and seeing the military trail is the beginning of triangulation. Or at least could be.
Just as ice fishing on a home lake when I lined up a particular house with a windmill and a third indicator.

To disallow looking down. You need to be in the lowest point of sight ability.
"Properly" viewed doesn't mean it cannot be seen.
Nor did it have to be in a ridgeline or lines.
Could a pink lunch box in your way that you almost have to trip over tell you the /a distant ridge line or ridges intersection or a gap on the horizon are what your looking for?
Would the lunchbox at your feet be above your sightline?
Turtle shell helmet sized rock with a sprue of a base and we're all set. Heck a surplus store pith helmet would suffice.
No. Waltz wasn't telling Holmes a pith helmet laid in the right trail. Right as in proper /properly traveled trail. Not right as in right Vs left trail.
We are talking about following clues. Properly viewed means understood in this case, so as to be able to continuešŸ‘

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We are talking about following clues. Properly viewed means understood in this case, so as to be able to continuešŸ‘
How's that been workin out?
Or did someone miss one whilst gazing elsewhere towards the right sightline at the wrong time?
You properly know if anyone else missed a proper sign ; or you don't.
Declaring elevation factors requires demonstrating the particular sign from a given vantage point.

Have we the rock man from above? No?
Have we the rock man from any position?
When we do have the rock man ,in relation to what?

You're wanting a clue to fit a clue to fit a clue again.
Rather than confirmations and or alignment.

Clues in the case of Watz are pretty shabby. Flyspecs in pepper pokin at em shabby.
Alleged tale(s). Directions. Map(s). Heresay. Desert rat opinion after an old coyote hole gets rediscovered. Even a big fish tale or three.

Water left to it's own unfettered devices runs down hill to seek it's own level.
Or should anyways.
It might run uphill in the Supers and shoot off into outerspace if one is not watching carefully and properly.

Who cares sea level if above or below gravity's impact on water in this dry?
I don't need a compass to pee.
Properly doesn't defy gravity . Does it?

The Horizen arc away from my sightline eventually or does it rise? Where then is above? Between a ridge and I , at the ridge , or beyond? It's not properly below.
But what if below is still above another below?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And sometimes what was , suddenly isn't.
Note: gravity.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar,
It looks like some words might be missing ā€¦.. one word at least.
the only_you can get, and thanks God for this.
Enlighten us please šŸ˜
Complete it yourself. It's like the LDM clues somehow.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
How's that been workin out?
Or did someone miss one whilst gazing elsewhere towards the right sightline at the wrong time?
You properly know if anyone else missed a proper sign ; or you don't.
Declaring elevation factors requires demonstrating the particular sign from a given vantage point.

Have we the rock man from above? No?
Have we the rock man from any position?
When we do have the rock man ,in relation to what?

You're wanting a clue to fit a clue to fit a clue again.
Rather than confirmations and or alignment.

Clues in the case of Watz are pretty shabby. Flyspecs in pepper pokin at em shabby.
Alleged tale(s). Directions. Map(s). Heresay. Desert rat opinion after an old coyote hole gets rediscovered. Even a big fish tale or three.

Water left to it's own unfettered devices runs down hill to seek it's own level.
Or should anyways.
It might run uphill in the Supers and shoot off into outerspace if one is not watching carefully and properly.

Who cares sea level if above or below gravity's impact on water in this dry?
I don't need a compass to pee.
Properly doesn't defy gravity . Does it?

The Horizen arc away from my sightline eventually or does it rise? Where then is above? Between a ridge and I , at the ridge , or beyond? It's not properly below.
But what if below is still above another below?
RC,
Youā€™re going down some rabbit hole over the use of a wordā€¦. The sarcasm isnā€™t helping either.

Iā€™m sure youā€™re familiar with the directional clues from the Holmes manuscript. That is the ā€œrock manā€ that this thread is about.

What is it you really want to know?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The landmark has 50* inclination. Would someone recognize a figure at that inclination? Not at all an aerial image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread