Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
In the Holmes Manuscript, part of the directions given for the path to Waltz’s mine, talk about a rock man:

“Where the trail turns south you will see over the point of a ridge a rock standing in the brush that looks like a man”
. . . . . . . . .
Here is a photograph that was taken looking over the Point of a ridge from the trail below, at a rock formation.

View attachment 2015791

It would be interesting to see pictures of other “rock men” if anybody has one or so they would be willing to share 😁👍
I would like to thank everyone that helped out with photographs of the various rock men.
Before anymore insults start flinging back and forth, maybe it’s best to leave things be 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Thank you all for sharing your rock men with the rest of us. 👌😁👍

Sincerely,
Idahodutch

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes folks believe a deity can observe from above.
Others believe the dead visit places that can view from above.
You don't have to know why or agree. You just need to know that being very determined can leave signs.

I'm all for tiny signs. Like a foot square at 20 yards tiny so I don't miss it; but don't have to lean backwards to read it.
But that's not up to me if I don't place or make the sign.
(Preferably along a convenient path.)

I'm not going to look for a recent ariel of my hunting property I have sculpted.
I didn't design it to view from the air. Rather for my movement and activities and game movement and activates.

I did wave a hunters orange ballcap out the window some time back to dissuade a curious or deliberate plane getting much too personal.

Are Nazca lines visible from above? Deliberately? As in created for that purpose alone?
Why are they then?

The Nazca lines are an intriguing phenomenon and yes they can be viewed from distant hilltops so they were not just for "celestial viewings."

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
The Nazca lines are an intriguing phenomenon and yes they can be viewed from distant hilltops so they were not just for "celestial viewings."
HUP!
We've a request to put the rockmen aside.
I'll finish this post and grant the requested courtesy so not to step on more toes.

Some native mounds around the U.A.A. show patterns . Big ones.
Of course size varies.
Those by me (those I'm near) are often just round.
I've had documentation of thier sampling by a college crew. Non burials. But , some highly interesting ties between sites quite a ways apart. A week on shanks mare maybe.
And varied "schools" of design. There was a raised area against posts. Or was it a ditch with the material put against posts? Yet it was both.
The documentation made it seem like a single vertical log wall of posts.

Sometimes given thier location (those I'm nearest for example) I wonder if they, like the newest Mississippians, were not more for staying dry on than anything.

Or we want to build a low wall or dike. Why not use a critter pattern versus a geometric one?

A wet garden want a mound to plant in. I tried the three sisters mounds version.
A dry garden wants low bowls to plant in.
Then there are deliberate raised beds. No matter the pattern/shape , one might be better than seeing a crop flooded again.
Not really a desert proposition.
But what of dew? Or retention of even infrequent rain?

Alright.
Be nice.
Careful around gold.
It doesn't curse people.
It just seems like it sometimes.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
HUP!
We've a request to put the rockmen aside.
I'll finish this post and grant the requested courtesy so not to step on more toes.

Some native mounds around the U.A.A. show patterns . Big ones.
Of course size varies.
Those by me (those I'm near) are often just round.
I've had documentation of thier sampling by a college crew. Non burials. But , some highly interesting ties between sites quite a ways apart. A week on shanks mare maybe.
And varied "schools" of design. There was a raised area against posts. Or was it a ditch with the material put against posts? Yet it was both.
The documentation made it seem like a single vertical log wall of posts.

Sometimes given thier location (those I'm nearest for example) I wonder if they, like the newest Mississippians, were not more for staying dry on than anything.

Or we want to build a low wall or dike. Why not use a critter pattern versus a geometric one?

A wet garden want a mound to plant in. I tried the three sisters mounds version.
A dry garden wants low bowls to plant in.
Then there are deliberate raised beds. No matter the pattern/shape , one might be better than seeing a crop flooded again.
Not really a desert proposition.
But what of dew? Or retention of even infrequent rain?

Alright.
Be nice.
Careful around gold.
It doesn't curse people.
It just seems like it sometimes.
Thanks again, everybody for all the input, and great discussions.
Sincerely,
Idahodutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread