What's new

The Rolls Royce of Trucks...

Nugs Bunny

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2013
Messages
656
Reaction score
491
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow came onto the scene in 1965, toting the firm’s 6.2-liter V8 and for the first time in Rolls-Royce history – a monocoque body. But in that original form, it isn’t exactly the spitting image of a work truck. So the creator of this pickup lifted up the Silver Shadow’s body and dropped it onto a one-ton GM truck frame.
A significant slice was taken out of the car’s rear end and in its place you’ll find a flatbed with wooden sides, which now lives atop a hard-working dually axle. Up front, a Chevy 350 cubic inch crate engine lies underneath the hood and puts its power through a Turbo 400 transmission to the rear wheels. The Rolls’ paint is said to be all-new, and from its bright sheen – it looks it too.

There is a certain coolness to the extra-long double cab trucks of the ’60s and 70s. Although it’s obvious a Rolls-Royce was never intended to sit atop a truck chassis, this Roller pulls off those same aesthetics perfectly."
https://autos.yahoo.com/news/rolls-...HZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

$_57.webp $_d57.webp $_5hj7.webp
$_s57.webp $dd_57.webp $_5v7.webp
v$_57.webp v$bx_57.webp $_5ff7.webp
$dc_57.webp $_5as7.webp $_5mn7.webp

Rolls Royce Other 1 Ton Dually | eBay

“This classic was custom built on a custom 1 ton dually extended cap GM frame with a New 350 Chevy crate engine (has approximately 20,000 miles) and a fully rebuilt 400 transmission with overdrive and ALL New GM braking system to insure reliability and safety. Has aftermarket heat and air. Truck has a New Paint and headliner All door wood was redone, This truck is ready for work with its new tires, two 30 gallon tanks, and gooseneck and reese hitch hook ups,. Please review photos for full description. May possibly take a partial trade.”

1961

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Year:
[/TD]

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Interior Color:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Black
[/TD]

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Make:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Rolls-Royce
[/TD]
[TD="class: attrLabels"]Number of Cylinders:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]8
[/TD]

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Model:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"] Other

[/TD]
[TD="class: attrLabels"]Transmission:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]400 With Overdrive
[/TD]

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Trim:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]1 Ton Dually
[/TD]
[TD="class: attrLabels"]Warranty:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Vehicle does NOT have an existing warranty
[/TD]

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Engine:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]350 Chevy
[/TD]
[TD="class: attrLabels"]Vehicle Title:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Clear
[/TD]

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Drive Type:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Left hand
[/TD]
[TD="class: attrLabels"]Power Options:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Air Conditioning, Power Windows
[/TD]

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Mileage:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]20,000
[/TD]
[TD="class: attrLabels"]Fuel Type:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Gasoline
[/TD]

[TD="class: attrLabels"]Exterior Color:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]White
[/TD]
[TD="class: attrLabels"]For Sale By:
[/TD]
[TD="width: 50%"]Private Seller
[/TD]
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
That will certainly get second looks! Just don't try parking it in Boston, you'd need 3 car spaces!
 
For some reason it reminds me of the old Studebaker pickups!
 
Yeah,I'll stick with my ford.

Its like one of those funky dogs so ugly but you just cant stop lookin at it.
 
From the back end it looks ok, but I'm not liking the side view of this one.
 
I like it!
350 Chevy, that's cool. You can work on it, it will run forever....rolls engine?:dontknow:
 
I like it!
350 Chevy, that's cool. You can work on it, it will run forever....rolls engine?:dontknow:

I love conversions, even if they are 12 different colors and butt ugly. I think it would have looked better if they just used the entire car and made it a 4x4 Rolls, but the truck bed is unique. It's ugly, it's weird, it's one of a kind and I like it.

Rolls Royce makes a decent motor, they build aircraft engines too. Civil aerospace ? Rolls-Royce
 
I love conversions, even if they are 12 different colors and butt ugly. I think it would have looked better if they just used the entire car and made it a 4x4 Rolls, but the truck bed is unique. It's ugly, it's weird, it's one of a kind and I like it.

Rolls Royce makes a decent motor, they build aircraft engines too. Civil aerospace ? Rolls-Royce
Sure, and Saab's and Volvo's are great too....I can't afford the parts! And a rolls is british...I can't read British..... ......
 
I think that they should of added a pickup truck bed rather than the stake bed. It wouldn't look so much like a gardner's truck then!:laughing7:
 
Reminds me of a book series that John D. MacDonald wrote. The 'Travis McGee' character had an old Rolls that was converted into a pickup. I don't remember anything about the year model, or if it even mentioned it. Too bad John passed a number of years ago. I really enjoyed his books.
 
Could you imagine pullin' up in that to estimate/bid a job!? ;)
Thanks for the pics...
Peace ✌
 
Could you imagine pullin' up in that to estimate/bid a job!? ;)
Thanks for the pics...
Peace ✌

Just another day at the office! I would just like to drive the thing to work and ask the boss for some Grey Poupon! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
Sure, and Saab's and Volvo's are great too....I can't afford the parts! And a rolls is british...I can't read British..... ......

Wait I though Saab and Volvo were part of GM?

Rolls Royce suffered financial collapse back in the 70's, the government took ownership and split the company into two divisions. The automotive side was sold to Vickers in the 80's who then sold it to VW in the 90's. VW didn't get the rights to the name or logo, it was reserved to the aerospace division, who leased it to BMW.

So BMW had the rights to the name but lacked the rights to the grill and mascot, VW had the rights to those but not the name but they reached an agreement. BMW allowed VW to use the RR name until 2003, then BMW would take over production. BMW supplied the Rolls Royce engines for Vickers and VW, they initially tried to buy the company but were outbid by VW.

Bentley was also part of the Rolls Royce auto division, VW retained the rights to Bentley and now the two companies are called Rolls Royce Motor Cars and Bentley Motors Limited.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom