What's new

The Scorpions Blackout

Oregon Viking

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
19,729
Reaction score
86,464
Golden Thread
0
Location
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On this day in 1982, Scorpions released Blackout — a record that hit like a lightning strike.
⚡️

Their eighth studio album, Blackout captured the band at full throttle, blending precision, aggression, and hooks that would define early ‘80s hard rock.
Blackout didn’t just survive the odds—it became a defining moment for the band.

blackout.webp
 
Great concert too ! Scorpions, Girlschool and Iron Maiden September 12 1982 Portland.
 
Great concert too ! Scorpions, Girlschool and Iron Maiden September 12 1982 Portland.
Never had opportunity to see them, 😭 I would have if they had came around.

Now I refuse to pay what these ticket outlets want for tickets. As example, hard to pay $400 for middle of hall seats to see Rod Stewart when I saw him 10th row center for $3.50 in 1971.

Last time I saw Rod I paid $125 a ticket for wife, daughter ( her first concert), and I, and that was at least 40 rows back on side, and that was about 1993.

Last time Rod played Orlando I check for tickets and for the wife and I to get front section center, row 25 was almost $900 for 2 tickets. I will stay home and listen to DVD or video, and save the $900.
 
Never had opportunity to see them, 😭 I would have if they had came around.

Now I refuse to pay what these ticket outlets want for tickets. As example, hard to pay $400 for middle of hall seats to see Rod Stewart when I saw him 10th row center for $3.50 in 1971.

Last time I saw Rod I paid $125 a ticket for wife, daughter ( her first concert), and I, and that was at least 40 rows back on side, and that was about 1993.

Last time Rod played Orlando I check for tickets and for the wife and I to get front section center, row 25 was almost $900 for 2 tickets. I will stay home and listen to DVD or video, and save the $900.
8.50 or 9.50 day of the show for the scorps in 1982.

They get the money that's why they do it. The few people I have talked to said most of them are WAY past their time...at least to sing like they did. Steve Perry of Journey talked about touring again. At 70 plus years old those notes are damn near impossible to hit.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom