What's new

The smell of a mano...really!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2012
Messages
4,253
Reaction score
1,627
Golden Thread
0
I found a nice nano a couple of weeks back. The piece is so smooth and flat on one side and so smooth and hand polished on the other, I haven't been able to put it away. It is oval in shape and has obviously had numerous working hours put on its flat bottom and evenly ground down edge. Every time I pick this piece up, a distinct smell comes off of it after my hand has warmed it. I was looking at this Mano and talking to Gator a day or so back (does anyone remember Gator, by chance?) and I told him about the smell. I told him it wasn't a swamp stink, but a distinct pleasant smell. Gator suggested that the smell could be grain or what ever this piece was used to grind. It hit me then. The smell was similar to sweet feed. As a child I had horses, and we fed sweet feed in the winter. The hours spent grinding and the amount of ground grain shows on this stone. Is it possible this stone carries the smell of it's job still, hundreds or possibly thousands of years later? I think so, wholeheartedly. What about you guys?

image-1669011284.webp



image-3929037000.webp



image-1220583308.webp



image-218277947.webp

Thanks for viewing!
 
Upvote 0
1320 said:
I've said it before so I say it again....if you have your mind made up, don't post the question.....might save an argument....

I refuse to argue. I thought you guys would appreciate my find. As I see things, no arguing has taken place. Debate, maybe, and that's a good thing. We are all good.
 
Th3rty7 said:
I love the smell of mano in the morning.

37, how do you know if you like the smell of Mano in the morning? Apparently.... Well, I have the only one in the world! ;-)
 
One more thing!!! It's not for sale, and can be viewed and sniffed by appointment only!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom