The sun goes down, the gold comes out.......Gold Ring #18 plus another gold tooth!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with Denny today at the oceanfront hoping to find some cool stuff and again, The Land of Nada didn't disappoint. We pulled in alot of clad, shell casings and other little copper pieces. Strangely, there was very little in the way of pull tabs and bottle caps which suited me just fine . We ran into two other guys from NY who are down for the week and hunting with their White's. Not sure how they made out but I'm sure I'll see em again soon on my next spin.

I hunted through low tide and past sunset (always have that headlamp in your pocket!) and on my return leg I got a 12.15 on the CTX which didn't sound that great and I figured I finally found where the pull tabs were but nope, nice 10K band there in the scoop! It's not really heavy at 3.1 grams. It looks bigger/heavier but is scooped out in the back. The ice is fake but that wasn't a huge surprise.

I didn't even know I had dug another tooth till I got home and did the cleanup, 14K 1.9 grams. They always look like impacted .22 rounds when they are still packed with sand and ring up about the same on the CTX. This one makes #4 for the year.

Rounded out the rest of it with $5.40 in clad, a couple of junk earrings, a good sized lip/earlobe "spacer" and three wheat pennies which isn't bad for the oceanfront. Hope everyone else is having good hunts and gets some yellow in their scoops as well. Good luck!

DSC_3133.JPG DSC_3139.JPG DSC_3143.JPG DSC_3142.JPG DSC_3148.JPG DSC_3146.JPG DSC_3147.JPG DSC_3151.JPG

Upvote 11

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,