What's new

The Super, Blue, Blood Moon fiasco

rginn

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
9,220
Reaction score
13,578
Golden Thread
0
Location
Summit County, CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, it was cloudy. Took this pic to figure out what adjustments I could make. Then more clouds came in, and the whole thing went behind the mountains. And that was it.
 

Attachments

  • 1-31aa.webp
    1-31aa.webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 102
RGINN,
Bummer, for sure.
We got lucky in SoCal; first morning in a while with clear sky.
Great view of eclipse, super moon and 'blue' moon starting at about 4:15 AM.
Don..
 
We were completely clouded out..pissin' down rain. Go figure...

Rginn: Looks like you had the settings close, but instead of a 1/5 second
exposure next time try 1/250s.. The Moon is a very bright object in a
black sky, so starting a 1/250s is a safe bet. Many of my best Moon pics
were taken at 1/1000s. Overexpose and it'll be "blown out" every time.
 
At my age it's good to see any moon.:laughing7:we were able to see thankfully. Thanks for the photo. My go PRO Didn't do quite as well.But I just wanted to see the quality.
 
Last edited:
Thanks DizzyDigger, actually that was at 1/5. I'm not really technical on the camera, but I listen to people who are, so I'll try that. I'm a little bit better on composition at times. Tamrock got some better pics, check those out.
 
Better than I could a pic of it! It was clear skies when it started this morning, but the more it eclipsed the more clouds came in. About the time it went to full it was down to the horizon (and I was at work already anyway).

My phone does crap for taking pics of the moon. I keep trying and it keeps failing.
 
Taking good pictures of the moon with your phone will almost be impossible. Primarily because to get really good ones you need a lot of focal length. The digital zoom on cell phones is totally worthless. Secondly you will need to lock your focus at infinity. You don’t need the autofocus botching things up as it tries to compensate for the bright moon and dark skies all at once.
 
Never even got a glimpse of it. Too cloudy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom