basque-man
Silver Member
- Joined
- Sep 26, 2014
- Messages
- 2,525
- Reaction score
- 3,120
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- W. Nevada / N. CA
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
The things we "Dad's" have to do!!!!
So last Saturday, my daughter is playing soccer and being the "teenager" she is; is caught by the ref for wearing a necklace. She takes it off, but doesn't take it to the sidelines and instead sticks it in her "shinguard".
Really?
Sunday morning and she tells me she lost her necklace while I'm at work. I tell her that thing is gone!!!! I drive by the field and there are about 50 migrant workers playing soccer since its their day off......I'm for sure this thing is gone now!!!
Today is my day off after a nasty, busy week at work. Wife wakes me up and "directs" me to "go find" my daughters necklace.
I'm not one for metal detecting this park since it is nothing but new stuff; bottle caps, garbage and lots of zinc pennies. Anyway, off I go....
Get to the park, no one around. Thats good since I knew I needed to get there early before the tweekers wake up and start bugging me. I call the daughter at school and get a general area of where she "thinks" it could be. Turn the DEUS on and were off and running. I start getting signals all over the place and decide "I'm only looking for a mid tone; on the top of the ground". Yea, right. after digging my 4th penny and a few dimes, I refocus only for a target on top of the ground. 10 minutes later; BAM!!! Good signal and see the chain in the grass!!!! YEA!!! Now I can go. Send the daughter and the wife a pic and I'm out of there!!
Start heading home and figure, why not hit the old hill were I have had luck in the past with the E-trac? Tried an area that was nothing but trash and never found a coin. Second signal I snag a 1906 IH Penny. Cool!! After a quick 30 minutes I have a pocket of junk and another wheat and 41 Nickel. Not my normal hunt but I am very happy with the new machine and thanks to someones "hint" on how to avoid bottle caps; LIFE IS GOOD!!!
Be back soon; Son and I have permission Saturday to hit an area that once had a Hotel and Tavern on it from around 1895-1920! Never been hit and we have found things in the town before!!! Be safe everyone and have a great day digging!!!!!
So last Saturday, my daughter is playing soccer and being the "teenager" she is; is caught by the ref for wearing a necklace. She takes it off, but doesn't take it to the sidelines and instead sticks it in her "shinguard".
Really?Sunday morning and she tells me she lost her necklace while I'm at work. I tell her that thing is gone!!!! I drive by the field and there are about 50 migrant workers playing soccer since its their day off......I'm for sure this thing is gone now!!!
Today is my day off after a nasty, busy week at work. Wife wakes me up and "directs" me to "go find" my daughters necklace.
Get to the park, no one around. Thats good since I knew I needed to get there early before the tweekers wake up and start bugging me. I call the daughter at school and get a general area of where she "thinks" it could be. Turn the DEUS on and were off and running. I start getting signals all over the place and decide "I'm only looking for a mid tone; on the top of the ground". Yea, right. after digging my 4th penny and a few dimes, I refocus only for a target on top of the ground. 10 minutes later; BAM!!! Good signal and see the chain in the grass!!!! YEA!!! Now I can go. Send the daughter and the wife a pic and I'm out of there!!
Start heading home and figure, why not hit the old hill were I have had luck in the past with the E-trac? Tried an area that was nothing but trash and never found a coin. Second signal I snag a 1906 IH Penny. Cool!! After a quick 30 minutes I have a pocket of junk and another wheat and 41 Nickel. Not my normal hunt but I am very happy with the new machine and thanks to someones "hint" on how to avoid bottle caps; LIFE IS GOOD!!!
Be back soon; Son and I have permission Saturday to hit an area that once had a Hotel and Tavern on it from around 1895-1920! Never been hit and we have found things in the town before!!! Be safe everyone and have a great day digging!!!!!

Attachments
Upvote
22
Looks like you pulled 2 nice keepers, and who doesn't like to pull a pair of harmonica reeds?? 
I saved a program I have been running and saved another one in the 4 mhz range right next to it. Get that high 95-96; hit the plus to change program and it stays the same (Bottle cap or rusted tin). Tried it with the other 90 signals and when the tone dropped with different numbers; it has been a coin every time!!! Thank you again!!!! 






