What's new

The Ugly Green Vase

BOXING63

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
486
Reaction score
290
Golden Thread
0
Location
PIRATE ,CT
Detector(s) used
Excalibur ll, Sovereign GT / New England Detectors USA
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Ugly Green Vase

This small green vase was found in dry sand about 10"inches deep, one just like this one was donated to the Bridgeport Public Library Historical Collection, in the bottom are the words sourenir 1903 D.M. Read Fair Week. The tiny vase measures 2 1/2 inches tall by 2 1/2 inches wide is made of brass. I cleaned it up a little.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 574.webp
    Picture 574.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 365
  • Picture 575.webp
    Picture 575.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 339
  • Picture 576.webp
    Picture 576.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Picture 577.webp
    Picture 577.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 331
  • Picture 578.webp
    Picture 578.webp
    25.5 KB · Views: 317
Re: The Ugly Green Vase

Actually it's sweet. I'd be happy to have it unless you need the ten bucks that badly. :wink:
 
Re: The Ugly Green Vase

:icon_scratch: ten bucks lol
 
Re: The Ugly Green Vase

I love it! was there a homestead where you found it? can't believe it was in such good shape.
 
Re: The Ugly Green Vase

That is an interesting find. As asked before, was this at the beach or inland?
 
Re: The Ugly Green Vase

I'm pretty sure this was made by the D.M.Read store that was in Bridgeport CT...
 
Re: The Ugly Green Vase

Amazing find, B63! I love finding those antiques :headbang:
 
Re: The Ugly Green Vase

Very nice! :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom