The wife and I are looking to get away to a nice old small Louisiana town with a virg

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin Mark found a $5.00 gold coin in Audubon Park. It was the site of a Worlds Fair or exposition, Circa 1900. I would not think of digging around the Indian Mound, but there is the rest of the park. Not sure about the virgins.

Let me know where you want to go and I will salt it with some silver dollars. Just kidding.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin Mark found a $5.00 gold coin in Audubon Park. It was the site of a The 1884 Cotton Expo and New Orleans' first case of World's Fair fever. I would not think of digging around the Indian Mound, but there is the rest of the park. Not sure about the virgins.

Let me know where you want to go and I will salt it with some silver dollars. Just kidding.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My cousin Mark found a $5.00 gold coin in Audubon Park. It was the site of a Worlds Fair or exposition, Circa 1900. I would not think of digging around the Indian Mound, but there is the rest of the park. Not sure about the virgins.

I've been to Audubon Park more this than you can shake a stick at. We want to go to a little old town maybe St Francisville or Saint Martinville. Any old town where I can get some connections or they have a city park. I'd like to go to a small town where nobody has a metal detector. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....virgin park and/or public Civil War grounds would be ideal. Any good place that would fit?

Well IMO , you are truly blessed to have a wife to hunt with.

As for sites , Scout & test as many places as possible , You will get lucky eventually.

It's hard work these days.
Best Wishes

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well IMO , you are truly blessed to have a wife to hunt with.

As for sites , Scout & test as many places as possible , You will get lucky eventually.

It's hard work these days.
Best Wishes

It sure is. The wife doesn't hunt she'll be staying in the room I'm sure. She just wants me to get in a special hunt. She's my best friend ever

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, that might be a tough finding a virgin park. I'll fire up my time-machine and pick you up and we can go back to the early 70's when many parks were untouched by detectors! LOL

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, that might be a tough finding a virgin park. I'll fire up my time-machine and pick you up and we can go back to the early 70's when many parks were untouched by detectors! LOL

I always said y'all were finding silver dollars and half dollars all over the place

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you see troy landry, give him a hug and buy him a beer for me

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, I am sorry, I have not been to Louisiana since the 1980's. Hoot up with SD51 and take that ride to our house in 1950 and find all the stuff we found just digging in the yard. Mark still has a 10 lb cannon ball.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, I remember as a kid (in the 50s) when our family would go to a very large park for a picnic with relatives and we were finding silver coins just laying on the ground. They were usually under picnic tables. The good old days...

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, I remember as a kid (in the 50s) when our family would go to a very large park for a picnic with relatives and we were finding silver coins just laying on the ground. They were usually under picnic tables. The good old days...

SD51 my mother would always say that the 50's was the best. She always reminisced about the 50s and I know she was right.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is. The wife doesn't hunt she'll be staying in the room I'm sure. She just wants me to get in a special hunt. She's my best friend ever

That's cool as well , my Wife of 14 years says " if we go somewhere you better not take that detector" & "I'm not sitting in no room while you go out & play in the dirt; then 9 yo adds "Yeah"! .
My fav, "I'm not going anywhere to watch you detect W/them heap-phones on"

All this from a seeded club hunt one Chilly Spring morning 3 years ago , when they went with me.

You believe that spit?

Guess I need to find more Gold Rings , I have given her 2 nice ones but it's "what have you done for me lately"?

Or Marriage could be better but could be worse.
After 15+ years , we are not just gonna give up.

Really hope you find your 'Spot'. They are out there.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, have you tried the little park at HWY 90 & 190? I am fairly sure it never crossed my mind to go there but probably millions of people stopped there. One of the first roads in the U.S. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, have you tried the little park at HWY 90 & 190? I am fairly sure it never crossed my mind to go there but probably millions of people stopped there. One of the first roads in the U.S. Just a thought.

I'm trying to think what park you're talking about

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's cool as well , my Wife of 14 years says " if we go somewhere you better not take that detector" & "I'm not sitting in no room while you go out & play in the dirt; then 9 yo adds "Yeah"! .

All this from a seeded club hunt one Chilly Spring morning 3 years ago , when they went with me.

You believe that spit?

Guess I need to find more Gold Rings , I have given her 2 nice ones but it's "what have you done for me lately"?

I truly appreciate that Davers it's your not from a lack of trying.

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park was on the North Wast corner of the intersection. It has been there forever. When I was a snot nose little kid I remember going there to get water as did a lot of people from NOLA. It was pure artisan spring water and I am sure it is probably still there. It has a Historic Marker on it and the fountain is free flowing. I think Andrew Jackson carved his name in a tree there, not really, but he probably drank from the well and went on the kick the Brits Butts. Time for therapy.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The park was on the North Wast corner of the intersection. It has been there forever. When I was a snot nose little kid I remember going there to get water as did a lot of people from NOLA. It was pure artisan spring water and I am sure it is probably still there. It has a Historic Marker on it and the fountain is free flowing. I think Andrew Jackson carved his name in a tree there, not really, but he probably drank from the well and went on the kick the Brits Butts. Time for therapy.

It was in Abita Springs?

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You believe that spit?

tell her she can sit on the balcony instead, or in the lobby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread