Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....with me as your tour guide. Got a lot of family up here from Mexico due to a family wedding this month. So me and Maria loaded up the step son and daughter-in-law and took them to Rifle Falls. I built it up about how spectacular and pretty it was, so they were lookin forward to it. It's a 2 hour drive, but through the mountains and down to the western slope so they enjoyed it. We got there and parked and then you have to walk up to the falls. Downstream from the falls is a little concrete spillway, and you can't see the falls from there. So when we got to that, I announced 'Here it is, Rifle Falls! Ain't it somethin!' Looks were exchanged, and Maria just looked at me and shook her head, but they believed it. I even got them to pose for pics beside the spillway. They even took a couple of pics themselves, out of politeness I guess. I let them stew a little bit and then took them on to the real falls.

Attachments

• 8-24u.jpg
    8-24u.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 8-24d.jpg
    8-24d.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...this episode could explain why I thought their laughs were a little sarcastic when I pointed out the extinct volcano at Dotsero.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread