What's new

the World just might end this year

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,796
Reaction score
76,225
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildfire ash in river could befoul Colorado beer

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado brewery said Thursday that it's monitoring the water it gets from the city of Fort Collins to make sure residue from a deadly wildfire that blackened a northern Colorado river doesn't befoul the taste of its beer.
New Belgium Brewing, the maker of Fat Tire beer, says so far there haven't been any problems. Brewery chemists, however, will be keeping watch after identifying six compounds in Poudre River water that could cause problems.



Republican Herald | News | republicanherald.com
 
Fat Tire beer?

the world won't end for me because I won't be buying this product :occasion14: must be a local obviously.


never did think about what might be in the water tho after big fires. interesting.
 
If you want drink Fat Tire beer how about Moose Drool beer, Big Sky Brewing in Montana.....? LOL I had a trucker bringing it to me in florida for awhile, but she retired, I'm down to one case now :BangHead:..... I can't get it East of the Mississippi river and love it....It is a rich dark ale..............
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
.... Fat Tire beer .... Moose Drool beer............
Bet those empty bottles sell well at flea markets. Sounds collectable to me.

M
 
Don't know about the bottles but the beer sure is collectible .....
 
Treasure_Hunter said:
Don't know about the bottles but the beer sure is collectible .....

Prior to the time when Coors started distributing east of the Miss. river, I would bring back a case of those little 7 oz bottles (full) and give to my father-in-law with the stipulation that he gave the case of bottles back when empty. Then since one of my hobbies was selling stuff at week-end flea markets, the empties got sold ... one bottle at a time. Put out only one bottle on the table marked $1 each. Then as soon as a buyer walked away with the "rare" find, I'd put out another bottle.

A friend who did the flea market hobby too always carried a large polished copper kettle to display. He set it on the ground, and had a tiny price sticker inside on the bottom. Several markets went by before I asked him why the kettle isn't selling. He said, "Look at the price". I did but it was hard to read down in the bottom. $799. His reason ... gals would lean way down to see the price, sometimes do it more than once and tell him the price is way too high. He'd say, no mam, its worth it to me. <lol>

M
 
Fat tire and Moose Drool? Gosh, I've been missing out! On the Island the hit right now is camel phlegm beer. It's okay but a little on the slimy order.
 
I lived in Nebraska and would go home to fla on vacations. I use to pull a 4x6 trailer filled with cases of Coors. I sold them then for $2.00 a bottle, $9.00 a 6 pack $28 a case at the beaches. This was in mid to late 70s early 80s
...
 
Hay, they could always change the name to FF beer, or Forrest Fire Ale! Frank hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
Frankn said:
Hay, they could always change the name to FF beer, or Forrest Fire Ale! Frank

And it IS fire brewed. Another bragging point. Drink a case and you too can put out forest fires.

M
 
Quit complaining and be thankful they don't charge you for the extra ingredients :laughing7:
 
HAY, some good lines up there you guys! Frankhand print-2_edited-5.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom