montanagold said:
Its not a butt covering Baz its to apeze all you nit pickers that have nothing but negitive things to say, How can you be so closed minded and ignernt to say that the lost items are not being lost every day? sure we wouldnt want to find a zinc penny or state hood quarter but im sure that 100 years from now they will be calling it juice in the hole. You dont like the show, cool dont watch. 4 million others beg to differ, they dont want to see the proper digging and ethics crap they want to see the entertainment. Try watching a fishing show where the fisherman sits on the bank for 22 minutes and catches 1 fish at the end of the show, that would be your kind of fishing show im sure. The ethics was presented so that you and the Archies who dont understand the TV making process could see that we are in fact ethical diggers, just couldnt show all that boering crap on the show.
I'm ignernt? Is that some more of your Montana slang for us to enjoy? Are we getting a special preview of what might be in future episodes?
100 years from now, there won't be any 100 year old zincs in the ground. They barely make it 10-20 years in many areas. Also, I will not be alive in 100 years. And If I am that lucky, I won't be capable of digging in the dirt and swinging a metal detector, so I don't understand your argument here. Old coin / relic finds are finite. They are NOT being replenished. It's amazing that you can't seem to grasp that simple concept.
You posted a link to your ethics. And I argued that it was a link that is more about covering your tail than it is about ethics. But yes, I would like to see you guys learn how to dig a proper plug. That wouldn't hurt anybody, now would it? You don't even need to talk about it for all I care. Just show it happening over and over.
I couldn't watch any fishing show period. Yawn.
But instead of making consistent logical arguments on here, you just get extremely defensive.
Also, I'm sure that 100 years from now, there STILL won't be anybody calling it juice in the hole.
What entertainment did you show in your show? Riding a bike on a pier? Licking a jellyfish? These all had to be added to the show because instead of creating a show about two guys who are competent at metal detecting, they found you guys. Instead of showing cool finds, they got stuck with toothpaste tubes.
And how did they get stuck with you guys? Because when they contacted people like me and my friend, we turned them down. We were constantly getting contacted by various TV producers wanting to do a show, as many others on this site and others have been contacted over the past few years. We were the bigger men and did what was right for the hobby, not our bank accounts. We do this for FUN, not for profit.