The old Montana prison is leased from the state on a 100 year lease by a board of directors, They are a not for profit and have all the leagal rights. The archies took this and ran, they wanted arrests to be made ect. ect. The board did get a letter stating that there should have been a permit and in the future make sure that one is obtained. We got written permission from the board and even did a presintation to the board at their annual meeting, Everything was donated to the museum. The article written in a couple papers here in Montana was orginized and supported by the Archies to make it look like they won some great battle but alas its no big deal. noone was fired or taken to jail. Im sure in future episodes they will have other issues but hey its just more publisity. We are not holding out for this show to air for 50 seasons we are just excited to bring our passion for the hobby to the masses as long as that may be. We dont own the network like goldfeaver so I guess they will keep us as long as we are making them some bling.
Up until reading this post I felt the guys from Diggers had made bad choices and did not have the backbone to stand up to the Nat.Geo. producers to do the right thing. Now I feel differently.
First lets review: Nobody is saying to make a 30 minute show of just digging junk or proper detecting methods and ethics. What we are saying is don't completely ignore them. I think the lingo makes you sound like an idiot but again that is not what I dislike about the show. Leasing a property does not give you the legal right to do whatever you want. The lease document spells out what rights you are leasing the property for and I can bet theirs does not include metal detecting. It is like when I'm asking for permission to detect a rental property I ask the owner not the renter. Although we let the renter know before we detect.
I thought he was getting a little bit of a bad rap but after reading MontanaGold's replys on this thread I feel he is an idiot. I'd be very surprised if National Geographic keeps them on for very long. Even with how bad this show was I know that Nat. Geo. is trying to do the right thing which you should hear more about in the next month or two. If this thread is really how he feels then he is a liability to this hobby. How can you say that future episodes will have issues but it is just more publi
city?? Passion does not make you right...I'm not saying you don't enjoy this hobby but you are hurting it and if you don't see it your blind.
This is coming from someone who does not want a metal detecting show and does not care about what you call your finds.
Sometimes it is better to keep quite and let things blow over since I was giving you the benefit of doubt but now I feel there is no excuse for your opinions posted here.
NJ