Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago there was news of this being in the works, complete with photos showing what I assume was a test version, then nothing. Glad to see it finally come to market although it's nothing I have use for. But I am still waiting for Go-Terrain for the US...

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like a rather specialized piece of equipment to advertise to everyone with a Deus….

I have enough aggravation digging aluminum cans a foot deep. I'd hate to dig a "maybe" that was ten feet down.

OP
OP
jjack9977

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, even in the UK this may not sell like they hope. They aren’t allowed to dig any deeper than the width of a plow blade.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus II only. How about something good g do or the Deus I?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Unfortunately, even in the UK this may not sell like they hope. They aren’t allowed to dig any deeper than the width of a plow blade.
But now all plow blades are created equal. :laughing7:

Screen Shot 2023-07-03 at 9.33.05 PM.png

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
I don’t know or seen anyone cache hunt other than online in pictures
Those that actually do how often would they even use it.
Curious to know how many 5-15ft holes they are willing to dig and what they use to do so.
Hard not to upset people or having a location to just digging a 12” hole let alone 12 feet.
Then have to cover everything up neatly
So they came out with something for the 1% of users they probably would have sold much more with the opposite in a 6” coil.
I could be wrong on the numbers I suppose that out of every 100 users there are only a handful of cache hunters. Maybe 5 out of 100 which would put it at only 5% still.
I would think out of 100 at least 50 hunt parks and other trashy areas where a 6” coil would be good
They don’t seem interested though in a smaller coil. Perhaps they feel the 9”
separates just as well as a 6” would and it just might. Theoretically it should but I’m jot an electrical engineer. Every other company seem to come out with one though and many including myself have seen a difference. But then again that was going from 10”-12” to a 6”

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most two-box and deep seeking detectors are used by businesses to locate deep pipes, wires, oil tanks, etc. I'm sure some hobbyist detectorists also buy them but this isn't the main market.

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
Most two-box and deep seeking detectors are used by businesses to locate deep pipes, wires, oil tanks, etc. I'm sure some hobbyist detectorists also buy them but this isn't the main market.
But they put it on a hobby detector. Or do business use Deus’s for locating pipes and cables etc I don’t know.
I always thought they used industrial/commercial type detectors but what do I know.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perhaps XP sees the Extreme Hunter as way to introduce the Deus to these business.

I know the Deus is common on archaeological digs, which I would consider commercial, although maybe not necessarily appropriate for a machine like this.

I'll only say that after spending decades in marketing it's unlikely XP doesn't have a complete understanding of the potential market for this detector. Businesses don't usually just 'guess' their product will be successful, they do their research and cost analysis. How they measure success is up to them.

It may also be useful on shipwrecks since the Deus 2 is submersible to 66 feet. I imagine it would be good at detecting canon under sediment.

DigDog201

Jun 16, 2022
Perhaps XP sees the Extreme Hunter as way to introduce the Deus to these business.

I know the Deus is common on archaeological digs, which I would consider commercial, although maybe not necessarily appropriate for a machine like this.

I'll only say that after spending decades in marketing it's unlikely XP doesn't have a complete understanding of the potential market for this detector. Businesses don't usually just 'guess' their product will be successful, they do their research and cost analysis. How they measure success is up to them.

It may also be useful on shipwrecks since the Deus 2 is submersible to 66 feet. I imagine it would be good at detecting canon under sediment.
Yes im sure they didn’t become a successful company by jot knowing what they are doing. With that said i was in advertising and marketing myself as well as owning businesses.
As time goes on though some businesses don’t do things the same way as they once did.( change in ownership/management etc)I know I scratch my head at how some things are done lately as im sure you probably do as well.
Im sure companies like Tesoro and Whites also knew what they were doing to be able to be successful then something changed.
But you make a good point perhaps they are looking to expand into the commercial market and this is their way. Only time will tell how how this two box setup works out for them but my point a 6” was almost a given by looking at what their competitors have experienced with the market they already have

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few years ago there was news of this being in the works, complete with photos showing what I assume was a test version, then nothing. Glad to see it finally come to market although it's nothing I have use for. But I am still waiting for Go-Terrain for the US...
I thought it was actually produced for the Deus I. Not?

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The video shows it being used on the Deus 2.

OP
OP
jjack9977

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was actually produced for the Deus I. Not?
Originally it was, but they decided to lock it in to the Deus 2 after nearly 7 years in development. Now they are saying it works utilizing FMF.

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The video shows it being used on the Deus 2.
If you wrote that in response to my post about there having been one for the original Deus , yes... this one is definitely for the D2. But I remember seeing adds for a 2 box coil for the Deus 1 years ago.

aShardOfHistory

Oct 14, 2023
Essex UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deus 2
I mean depends who’s looking but I wouldn’t waste the effort deeper than 30cm for maybes

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the Whites TM 808

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread