Theory and Question- Serpent Mounds & Oak Island

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe the Knights Templars loaded their ships up with dirt, rocks, and oxen from France and Scotland before departing for the new world. Upon landing at Oak Island, they built loading ramps from rocks and put the oxen to work ferrying the dirt and rocks from the ship up the slope to create the serpent mound.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I believe the Knights Templars loaded their ships up with dirt, rocks, and oxen from France and Scotland before departing for the new world. Upon landing at Oak Island, they built loading ramps from rocks and put the oxen to work ferrying the dirt and rocks from the ship up the slope to create the serpent mound.
It is a shame that the Templars did not use any dirt from Spain, I read somewhere that it is the best dirt to use for building serpent mounds. :laughing7:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget they probably had an open bar of coconut milk all the way as well....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There we go... Collectively we have solved the dirt mound.. Some one should send our thread to the Laginas

9326-great-idea-bulb-stamp-hcb.png

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since there are similar structures of known First Nations origin in Nova Scotia, and elsewhere, Occam's Razor principle indicates that it is...unless you are aware of some irrefutable indication that it isn't Native..?

I’d say that since the whole operation hasn’t been shut down by legitimate archaeologists and researchers is a fair indicator that isn’t a FN site.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree. They have to futz around where they are allowed to and have permits . . . and that's because the local and federal Canadian Gov't has no concern that there is anything of value or historical significance to be found on that island. There'd be an observer who would occasionally stop activity otherwise.

Does Canada have an 811 - call before you dig? :laughing7:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't that why they had to hire Laird Niven a few years ago. He does no work on the island just observes, takes notes and occasionally stops them...

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They hired the other Archaeologist because his last name was McGinnis.

Raparee

Feb 18, 2016
Nova Scotia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if Laird worries about how his association with this show is impacting his credibility as a professional archaeologist.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if Laird worries about how his association with this show is impacting his credibility as a professional archaeologist.

Perhaps due to retirement being paid for him from proceeds from the show.....

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would I join the show and pretend that I was there looking for treasure for the right money?

hell_yes.gif

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand that Laird is in line for this award for his work on Oak Island...

e1232ee328c88182fb2db529ae9d776c.jpg

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Henry Sinclair spent the Winter at Advocate Bay, Nova Scotia during the Winter of 1398 building a ship to return home in the next Spring of 1399.
Nova Scotia in 1398 was a wild first growth wildness, and Henry Sinclair and his merry band of geriatric Templars were NOT skilled as shipbuilding craftsmen, and it is doubtful that the alleged wrecked ST KATHERINE contained more that just the basic tools and items for ship repair.
There is NO way a ship capable of crossing the Atlantic could have been built in 1398 men unskilled in felling trees, processing into airdried shiplap lumber, manufacturing rope or cloth for sails, forging metal shops hardware, and the knowledge of shipbuilding.
As there are contemporary documents stating that Henry Sinclair NEVER left Scottish territory, WHAT is the source of this obvious false story of constructing a sailing vessel in the 1398 Nova Scotia wilderness?

Last edited:

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7fc40696f172e41c7eaf0693ed00c551.jpg

Come on.... Even the cave men were visiting Oak Island and hiding treasure....:laughing7:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... Even the best of documents sometimes have mistakes or omissions...Just like Sinclair's Diploma not knowing when the man died.
Yet supposedly his grandson wrote it, but apparently wasn't close enough to the man to know when he died...
Henry Sinclair's grandson and other may have NOT known the exact date of his death, but they knew where and how that he was cruelly slain by his enemies with defending Orkney honoring his Oath if Fealty, and there are two other contemporary that confirm this.
What is NOT mentioned in any of these three documents is Henry Sinclair making a voyage with Templars and treasure, being gone for years which would have violated his Oath of Fealty commitment, nor is there any mention a him and Templars constructing a from scratch in a first growth sylvan wilderness in a land far, far away.
These documents may have "mistakes and omissions", but NOT a voyage by Sinclair and Templars to hide an alleged treasure on Oak Island and then building a ship to sail home, BECAUSE-it NEVER happened.
The first mention of this fictional voyage was in 1875, when Richard Henry Major translated the hoax Zeno Manuscript, substituting "Prince Zichmni" for "Prince Sinclair", then 1892, Thomas Sinclair declared his ancestor discovered America and claimed it for Orkney.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... There may not be any proof of the Templers having ever been on OI but that doesn't mean they haven't been...
When there is NO proof or evidence anywhere, that is a very good indicator that it NEVER happened.
"NUFF SAID!

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ECS must be bored again, here he is "quoting" posts from 4 months ago that he has already commented on back when they were made... Ya'll have fun rehashing it all..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread