Theory and Question- Serpent Mounds & Oak Island

Riftraft13

Jan 5, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a quick question for anyone who might know.

Has there been any archaeological evidence that either the Serpent Mounds or the mounds on Oak Island are the spoils from the original tunnel digs?

Hundreds of men in a tunneling or mining operation create huge amounts of debris during the excavation process. That debris needs to go somewhere.

The tunnels would not be back-filled with the debris that was originally excavated so they could be left open for future use, just well hidden.
The original excavated debris would be carted out of the tunnels and piled somewhere else close by.
This debris would be spread over a distance, possibly in a line, which would get bigger and longer as the tunnel grew.
The material that would be in these lines would be just tunnel debris (natural soil and rock). You would not find treasure, burials, or anything else of value in them.
The debris would be left in a manner that would blend into the existing environment, or hidden. There is no better hiding place than hiding something in plain sight. Disguise it as a monument and let everyone see. Disguise it's true purpose.

I have searched, but have not seen if this has been speculated before of not. Sorry if it has.
If this theory is correct, there would be tunnels to be found close to any other "serpent type mounds" that have been found.

Thanks for your time.

ADMIN- Please move this thread to the Oak Island board. Thank you

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. The Serpent Mounds are believed to be about 2,900 years old (earliest carbon from firepits) native pilings and shapes/designs and Oak Island is . . . a legend that has pretty much proved to be nothing of substance. The "spoils" on Oak Island ate likely left by the 28 groups that have excavated there since 1800ish. Dunfield dug a 120 ft deep hole 200 ft wide and found squat. That likely left some extra dist around the edges.

Or it might be from when they brought in thousands of cubic yards of soil/dirt to build the causeway over from the mainland.

The only "tunnel" that's been found was a foot tall wood covered drainage ditch.

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any search group would not be hauling their tailings very far away from where they are digging. Takes too much time and effort to haul it across the island just to dump it. Same as with the building the causeway. They would not haul it all in and dump it hundreds of feet or more away from where they need it... and if any of it was leftover it would still be sitting where it was dumped to start with most likely...They need to look around closer to that area to see if there was ever a hole dug or some houses built and possibly this is the reason for them... How far away from the ocean are these, maybe someone was doing some dredging there if it is close by.. Yes Dunfield dug a wide deep hole but it WAS NOT any where close to 200 feet wide at the bottom. Look at any of the pics that have been posted in the past and once it gets down to around 50-75 feet deep it is only as wide as his dredge scoop. There is a pic of him and Blankenship standing down in it... None of this means the "serpent mounds"/ rock pilings on OI have/had anything to do with treasure. Anything is still possible at this point..

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What we know is NOT possible for sure...

Treasure.

Heh.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gets me is they never post any co-ordinates of their search area? Nothing on the mounds of dirt. I sent this to them in by gone years as a heat difference or most likely as a metal signature about 12 ft. x 12 ft. anamoly. I give them the co-ordinates and yet they never post where anything is located for further study. The co-ordinates I sent were on Lot #15 at 44 30 51.28N 64 17 23.29W Here is a pic in 1920 of the area. Also the pick of the anamoly on Lot #15. This area had been undisturbed since 1920, so that rules out Dunfield's huge dig as a spoil pile of dirt. If you run a line from the middle of the left hand side of the "Tree of Life" through the "Skull Stone" that is not suppose to be in a "Tree of Life" from the "Skull Stone" to the anamoly is exactly 720 feet the width of the Nolan's Cross or the "Tree of Life."

1920 Oak Island Money Pit.jpg Anamoly Lot #15b.jpg

Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gets me is they never post any co-ordinates of their search area? Nothing on the mounds of dirt. I sent this to them in by gone years as a heat difference or most likely as a metal signature about 12 ft. x 12 ft. anamoly. I give them the co-ordinates and yet they never post where anything is located for further study. The co-ordinates I sent were on Lot #15 at 44 30 51.28N 64 17 23.29W Here is a pic in 1920 of the area. Also the pick of the anamoly on Lot #15. This area had been undisturbed since 1920, so that rules out Dunfield's huge dig as a spoil pile of dirt. If you run a line from the middle of the left hand side of the "Tree of Life" through the "Skull Stone" that is not suppose to be in a "Tree of Life" from the "Skull Stone" to the anamoly is exactly 720 feet the width of the Nolan's Cross or the "Tree of Life."

View attachment 1891699 View attachment 1891698

When the laginas ignore the information you sent them and take the advice of the guy with the fake Roman sword, that is what we call a CLUE as to the validity of the information you provided.

Tree of life and skullstone with yet another fictional overlay....LOL

Did Nolan arrange those as he did his cross?

Maybe you should send them the location of the space/time warp tunnel you said the templars used to travel to Mars. They may wish to use it in an upcoming episode...

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the laginas ignore the information you sent them and take the advice of the guy with the fake Roman sword, that is what we call a CLUE as to the validity of the information you provided.

Tree of life and skullstone with yet another fictional overlay....LOL

Did Nolan arrange those as he did his cross?

Maybe you should send them the location of the space/time warp tunnel you said the templars used to travel to Mars. They may wish to use it in an upcoming episode...

I think you need to stop posting your bias unfounded stupid post.

DaveVanP

Oct 5, 2018
Coffeyville, KS
Detector(s) used
Minelab XTerra 705
Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Franklin - I'm not sure of your intent here...you post two photos, taken decades apart, at different scales...to what end?

As far as a "heat difference"...explain that. In my 15+ years of aerial photo interpretation in the military (including IR, UV and enhanced-spectrum photography) I see nothing that indicates that, nor am I familiar with the term "metal signature" in relation to aerial imaging. If there have been significant advancements in this tech in the past 10 years, and you have exclusive access to it, I would be interested in learning more about it...your not referencing "auras' are you?

MikeN

Feb 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gets me is they never post any co-ordinates of their search area? Nothing on the mounds of dirt. I sent this to them in by gone years as a heat difference or most likely as a metal signature about 12 ft. x 12 ft. anamoly.

Only somewhat related - as far as I know, they never even investigated the Dave Blankenship report of a metal door he had encountered with a drill which was at most 30 feet down.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Franklin - I'm not sure of your intent here...you post two photos, taken decades apart, at different scales...to what end?

As far as a "heat difference"...explain that. In my 15+ years of aerial photo interpretation in the military (including IR, UV and enhanced-spectrum photography) I see nothing that indicates that, nor am I familiar with the term "metal signature" in relation to aerial imaging. If there have been significant advancements in this tech in the past 10 years, and you have exclusive access to it, I would be interested in learning more about it...your not referencing "auras' are you?

No I have been into IR photography for over 40 years. The method works. You just have to know what to look for and how to look for it. If you cannot see what treasure hunter's called a hole burning in the photo then you have not looked at much photography of IR. My first encounter was an anonymous letter I received from a treasure hunter in Kansas over 40 years ago. He showed me a gold signature shining through the trees from the ground. He recovered hundreds of gold bars. Never did know his name and never cared. I only liked that his method worked and I have used it ever since. You will be hearing about all this in the coming year, as I plan to start making treasure recovery's.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DaveVanP: Your prior military experience easily trumps franklin's...

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Didn’t you know that GE is the magic Romper room mirror? You can even see things that do not exist. LOL

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You will be hearing about all this in the coming year, as I plan to start making treasure recovery's.
I eagerly await to hear of your fantastic, unbelievable treasure recovery stories, I am sure that they will not disappoint.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I eagerly await to hear of your fantastic, unbelievable treasure recovery stories, I am sure that they will not disappoint.

Franklin makes this announcement every year.... results are always the same...NOTHING

Seems to be a common pattern with the UAST....

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Tree of life and skullstone with yet another fictional overlay...
There must be a very good reason why the Laginas ignored Franklin's letter while accepting others nonsense. :wink:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
When it comes to nonsense, I guess there are various levels of it

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To paraphrase: "I have found it and know exactly where it is . . . but it's where you can't trespass or dig. But it is there without any doubt."

Time-looped message from 2022 received here today.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
To paraphrase: "I have found it and know exactly where it is . . . but it's where you can't trespass or dig. But it is there without any doubt."

Time-looped message from 2022 received here today.
Don’t forget the “Wait and see” part, lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread