What's new

Theory on short (19 coins) rolls of Halves....???

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On average, the boxes i have been searching seem to contain a couple rolls that contain only 19 coins, and a couple rolls that contain 21 coins. They seem to average out per box, which is nice. However, the rolls that only contain 19 coins seem to contain silver about 50% of the time!! Anyone else ever experience this phenomeon?
 
Upvote 0
Nobody? Come on people!!
 
I'll reply, but I won't be much help.

I've noticed that the machine wrapped 1-under and 1-over rolls tend to average out, but machine wrapped rolls in my area stink. I don't order boxes anymore, but I'll pick up a random box or some machine wrapped rolls when I get a chance. When going through them, I'll be short one marked bicentennial in a roll that's devoid of silver, but fortunately, I'll find that extra marked bincentennial 6 or 7 silver devoid rolls later.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Kantuckkeean said:
I'll reply, but I won't be much help.

I've noticed that the machine wrapped 1-under and 1-over rolls tend to average out, but machine wrapped rolls in my area stink. I don't order boxes anymore, but I'll pick up a random box or some machine wrapped rolls when I get a chance. When going through them, I'll be short one marked bicentennial in a roll that's devoid of silver, but fortunately, I'll find that extra marked bincentennial 6 or 7 silver devoid rolls later.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Same here.
 
....so the bicentennial halves "throw off" the counting machine somehow?
 
We must be using the same bank because I have noticed the same thing lately. In todays boxes I had several rolls that only had 19 coins and the wrapper was obviously tampered with.
HH
Rich
 
I never know because i never count the coin in the machine rolls. Unless on the very rare occasion that I re-roll by hand.
 
I agree, they do all wash out in the end....till you get a box missing an entire roll. I have had it happen once. Always check boxes when I get them now.
 
when i order a box it always comes as 50 rolls in a bag and then it is machine closed with a seal but i always count to make sure there are 50 rolls . i ask the teller once if they were double counted and she said yes but i always count them also but i never count the coins in a roll suprdave
 
I got 51 rolls in a box last month ;D
 
Legend,....i assume you are joking, correct?
 
cdickrun64 said:
Legend,....i assume you are joking, correct?
Actually, I'm serious. I counted them probably 5 times, because I couldn't believe it myself. My Brink's halves come in Quarter boxes turned inside out, so they are already kinda "pooched' out. It was a skunk on silver, but $10 bucks extra :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom