What's new

There are some nice folks out there still !

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2011
Messages
3,983
Reaction score
2,246
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had just started detecting in a small city park area when a white car pulled up next to my truck and a middle aged conservatively dressed guy got out and walked up to me. He asked me if I would like to hunt a hot spot?? This was a bit of a shock, though I am a bit cynical about any place being a hot spot, I told him thanks and that I would get out there right away and give it a preliminary checkup. It turns out he was selling the property and it will be bulldozed flat in six days, the house has those large old stone like looking concrete blocks in the foundation that means it was built in the 1910 s or thereabouts. I went around and cherry picked a bit nothing great so far , got about a pound of melted lead a number 6 fishing weight and a mirror holder made of brass with chrome sans mirror and also some inch sized copper water pipe that sure gave a high reading. So I am going to try and hit it tomorrow morning will take a push mower to cut down some grass. Also the 15 inch WOT coil might be a big help for finding any glass jars full of coins that might be a few feet down. Wish me luck !!
 
Good luck and happy hunting. Hope to see some good finds.
 
hope to see some goodies posted!
 
I asked permission to hunt an old home site once and the owner got mad that I even asked permission. Gave me a speech about how I was going to kill the grass and destroy his property. blaa blaa blaa..

A few weeks later they bulldozed the site and paved a parking lot on top of it.

Good luck hunting your spot!
 
Replies and Update on findings.

Good luck and happy hunting. Hope to see some good finds.

Thanks for the reply mikeraydj, at least it is a different place to hunt, sometimes just that breaks the routine !

hope to see some goodies posted!

Not much from this place but at least it is a different spot for hunting.

I asked permission to hunt an old home site once and the owner got mad that I even asked permission. Gave me a speech about how I was going to kill the grass and destroy his property. blaa blaa blaa..

A few weeks later they bulldozed the site and paved a parking lot on top of it.

Good luck hunting your spot!

Hi Jeremy that sounds typical of some folks sadly. Thanks for the reply

Update:
They got the site sold off now supposedly and I am done hunting it the grass was a bit of a impediment. Sadly there was not much good stuff there. If you like chucky cheese tokens and matchbox cars , some of those are cool, got a few fishing sinkers also. Many cans and large pieces of aluminum there. Also the heat has been quite bad! Still August tends to be hot. Still it was nice of the guy to volunteer the site for hunting !! Thank you for that Sir !!
 
Well there was fun and excitement while you were hunting! That's the name of the game!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom