Theres a sucker born everyday...

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Re: There's a sucker born everyday...

Wow. It's a regular penny box that we all pick up from teh banks each and every day. And it sold for like 3 X face value.

WOW!

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250

Wow... Just wow...

He even says that pennies before 1984 are copper lol.

bigwater

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
White's GMT

Well you picked up on the "sucker" part, so I'd say you're not missing much. I love the link from that page for the "Pound of Wheat Pennies" for only 19.99. Let's see, how many wheat pennies in a pound, 150 maybe? Great deal. And they claim that they haven't been searched through. Yeah, right. I'd bet dollars to donughts you wouldn't find a wheat in that pound that was worth more than 3 cents.

RIcoinhunter

Nov 9, 2009
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

He worded it pretty good to sucker you in.I guess alot of people don't know you can get them by the box for face value at the bank. :dontknow: :icon_scratch:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

I love the question/answer:

Q: how many do u think it has of the 2010 penny rolls in side the box Jan-26-10
A: They are mixed circulated pennies who knows what penny you will find in these boxes maybe errors p mints d mints and s mints but the 2010 penny has not came out so I know these pennies will not be in there. The 2010 deal means 2010 deal it's 2010 and it is a deal. Thank You Dmae0742 Dan

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!

bigwater said:
Well you picked up on the "sucker" part, so I'd say you're not missing much. I love the link from that page for the "Pound of Wheat Pennies" for only 19.99. Let's see, how many wheat pennies in a pound, 150 maybe? Great deal. And they claim that they haven't been searched through. Yeah, right. I'd bet dollars to donughts you wouldn't find a wheat in that pound that was worth more than 3 cents.

BW - about 145 - 146 to the pound.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

P.T. Barnum has nothing over that guy!

Simply incredible.

Historyhound

Nov 2, 2006
Schenectady New York
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

That's absolutely insane!!!! $86.50 with shipping???? WOW!!!! Anybody else notice that all the bidders are private?

OP
OP
joad

joad

Apr 15, 2009
East Coast
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

Historyhound said:
That's absolutely insane!!!! $86.50 with shipping???? WOW!!!! Anybody else notice that all the bidders are private?

It's private so noone will contact the "sucker" and clue him in.

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009

lots of suckers in this world. but sometimes these type of auctions go unpaid I believe, I remember when ps3 came out and were selling for crazy amounts but so many buyers were not paying. but congrats to the seller making easy cash...

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS

Speaking about stupid people, did anyone noticed that a while back at wally-world a gallon of milk was $1.78, and the half gallon was $1.98? :icon_scratch: I'm sorry, but there are some really stupid people out there. :tongue3:

Attachments

• 0227001106.jpg
    0227001106.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 501

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250

Chainchomp, tell me about it. I was at the convenience store, and they were having a sale. It was $1.25 for a 32 ounce bottle of Gatorade, and $1.50 for a 16 ounce bottle of Gatorade.

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250

And he says lots under 1984 for copper last I looked it was under 1982 lol.

obediah

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2009
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro

Anybody remember Candid Camera Show on TV, the one they had a Store do a "Cost of Living Sale," with big banners all prices up %25 the Store filled up with customers for the sale; go figure!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whats the problem? If someone wants to pay you three times face value for a coin would you turn them down?

Everyone here pays face value and wants at least 11 times face.

The only problem I have with this guy is the large type, bad English and bad spelling. I would probably sweeten the deal and throw in a roll of wheats for free.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread