What's new

these are my favorite plain bottles i have can anyone help with dates

jtw1313

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 5, 2013
Messages
3,728
Reaction score
2,099
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
first one is black and has no seam middle one is really odd shape but has seam to the top both have indent on bottom last on has seam to the base of neck but that middle one is just weird
 
bottle1.gif
Nice finds jtw131. Thanks for sharing...
 
The bottle on the left is a hock wine , the center bottle is some sort of beverage and bottle on right is a olive oil bottle all date likely 1890 to 1910 and would be considered very common bottles
 
Thanks didnt think they are anything special but I like them especially the black one
 
Hey jtw,

I agree with Gaspipe on the dating parameters. What's the size of that Hock? Good window bottles, those.

I'd call the small crown a tenpin. There were a number of firms that used the form; Billy Baxter to Schweppes, off the top of my head.

The Brits & Commonwealth folk call em skittles.

 
Last edited:
Oops gave you size on the wrong bottle the hock is 11 and a half tall and 2 and a quarter base. It's 7 and a half inches tall and bottom is about 2 inches very oddly shaped lots of air bubbles what gets me is seam to the top but the indent on the bottom just a cool bottle looks like someone messed up the mold lol
 
Last edited:
Fits perfect in your hand though the black one just seams very very old and the taller clear one I read it is a bottle from Germany for wine
 
Last edited:
Keep your eyes open I will start going deeper in my collection to learn more and make the jump to privys
 
Hey jtw,

Sorry, my spellcheck wants to fool with your initials. The reason I asked the dimensions, is that the Hock is perhaps a split, or half bottle. Either that, or you have a giant olive oil.

IGCo1906page206.jpg
Food Bottles[/CENTER]
 

Attachments

  • IGCo1906page206.webp
    IGCo1906page206.webp
    93.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Are you talking about the black one the clear one is about the same size lol I don't think it is a olive bottle I read somewhere forget where it is a german wine bottle your link didnt work
 
Huh does look like the bottom left I wish I could find what I read
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom