These marbles are pretty, but are they worth anything? Please Help

Rainbow

Apr 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some help figuring out if these marbles are valuable or collectable. I got them at an estate sale and they seem a bit larger than typical marbles. Someone told me they resembled the work of a well-known glass artist, so I'm curious. Thanks for any help!! :)

2013-04-04_04.38.30.jpg 2013-04-04_04.38.40.jpg 2013-04-04_04.39.25.jpg 2013-04-04_04.40.08.jpg 2013-04-04_04.40.27.jpg

bottles10

May 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garriet
I cant tell you who made them but they are called contemporaries.Are any of them signed or dated? Usually about twenty dollars each. Some times it depends on who made them.

OP
OP
R

Rainbow

Apr 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think they are signed, but I paid about $20 for all of them I think so I guess I got a good deal either way. The closest other marbles I've seen online are these:

Cuneo Furnace Marbles - Maslach

Thanks for your reply! :)

OP
OP
R

Rainbow

Apr 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't seem to find any info on the tear-drop shaped ones. Maybe they're rejects of some kind? Then again there are two shaped that way, so maybe it was intentional. Strange.

StoneyRun

Mar 10, 2013
S.W. Missouri
Detector(s) used
old faithful Radio Shack
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to resurface an old thread, but....

Those are contemporary mibs, and very nice ones. Size and shape will help, but more the way they are made will tell. The teardrop might be a Wald, Maslach is a good bet. Google or Bing will help when you close in on the maker, the sites above will help. Remember, that most artists stay in the same basic size and shape when they first start. Then branch out, maybe. But they have characteristics that they keep.Salazaar is moon and stars or stars on blue for example.

Get a magnifying glass and check both ends carefully. Most sign with a titanium pen, very tiny. Initials and year made.

Cheri

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread