Iron Patch
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2007
- Messages
- 19,276
- Reaction score
- 8,954
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Dirtyville
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
They won't mean much to pretty much anyone who sees them on here, but they are military buttons local to my area... one dating to the 1860s, and other 1793-1802. On average I only find one of these every few years so two in one hunt, from different eras, and different sites, is certainly not something I would expect. The mid. 1800s one is a first for me, and the other I have only dug one and it was way back in 1999.
The other funny thing is the 1860s one I dug my very first target of the day and the other was right at the end of my hunt, like the 2nd last target... but I gladly would have made it my last because I was beat and my day had been made complete. I'll gladly take a couple of local buttons to bookend my hunt any day!
I'll also include the other stuff. Victoria sixpence, Canadian 5 cent, 10 coppers and 4 parts of coppers.
The other funny thing is the 1860s one I dug my very first target of the day and the other was right at the end of my hunt, like the 2nd last target... but I gladly would have made it my last because I was beat and my day had been made complete. I'll gladly take a couple of local buttons to bookend my hunt any day!
I'll also include the other stuff. Victoria sixpence, Canadian 5 cent, 10 coppers and 4 parts of coppers.
Attachments
Last edited:
Upvote
56

I think that for a couple of reasons. The first is that you can get several keepers with very limited digging given the age of your sites, and believe me, for what IH and I get we are working for it. The 2nd thing is your top 10 could have several coins by the time it's all said and done, and there's definitely more coin people on here than relics.... and right now every space in my top 10 is a relic! All that said, I am kicking your a$$ right now spoonman.
And you too Kirk PA. 








