rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking at a property for a while now trying to figure out who owned it. Well today a house was having a yard sale rite next to the spot. I thought it must be my lucky day so I turned around. I looked at some items and talked to the owner, bought a couple of things then popped the question. The owner said sure you can look and told me where to park. Gave them my info and took off. I was planning a different hunt but plans can change. It was very woody and thick as I made my way to the creek. I saw many gravel bars but not much on them mostly quartz gravel. I found 1 point or scraper made from quartz and as I got closer to the end I found a couple of flint pieces that were worked. No points just yet but I bet when the water goes down I will find some good ones. It was fun to explore a new place. I also got permission to the upper section from a different owner but it flows off of a mountain and no flint was visible. Might check that end another day. Im also adding a few from the other hunts I have done but didnt share due to not many finds. 1st set is from today. N GA finds with permission, rock

Attachments

• SDC13164.JPG
    SDC13164.JPG
    687 KB · Views: 120
  • SDC13166.JPG
    SDC13166.JPG
    645.8 KB · Views: 82
  • SDC13167.JPG
    SDC13167.JPG
    616.1 KB · Views: 82
  • SDC13168.JPG
    SDC13168.JPG
    675.4 KB · Views: 87
  • SDC13128.JPG
    SDC13128.JPG
    708.7 KB · Views: 101
  • SDC13146.JPG
    SDC13146.JPG
    817.9 KB · Views: 93
  • SDC13158.JPG
    SDC13158.JPG
    722.4 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0
Looks like a promising spot.... Hope you've had better luck than me lately

next time you want to know who ows a property bud there are apps for that on your phone. i use landglide its free and also onX hunt that one only has a free trial. But anyways I hope that helps ya and good luck on getting them artifacts!!!

Sounds like you have another good spot there I hope it produces some nice artifacts for you.

Im hoping to be able to go back. Always good to have permission DNR seems to like to follow me around. I wish they would ask me to produce the info or even call the owners so they can stop wasting their time.

I use the "Hunt Stand" app. It gives you 10 free property owner searches a month. There are four of us that use it so we have free access to 40 sites a month, way more than we need.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back