tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's old. In this link for Bonhams auction house they have a collection listing them as 10th century and being medieval Islamic thimbles.
https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/12051/lot/405/
I'm not seeing much online at least about thimbles with that pointed tip. Could be more information about old thimbles would still be found in books at the library. Not everything about anything has found its way to the world wide web quite yet. Maybe AI will speed that up for us here in the future and no one will really need to know anything anymore. We'll all just then see what the internet says.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's old. In this link for Bonhams auction house they have a collection listing them as 10th century and being midevel Islamic thimbles.
I'm not seeing much online at least about thimbles with that pointed tip. Could be more information about old thimbles would still be found in books at the library. Not everything about anything has found its way to the world wide web quite yet. Maybe AI will speed that up for us here in the future and no one will really need to know anything anymore. We'll all just then see what the internet says.
Thanks so much for this information, I always assumed it was Roman, but it certainly could be Medieval Islamic thimbles, Spain was a big Moorish stronghold until 1492 when Ferdinand and Isabela ran the Moors out of Spain

Upvote 1
OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 1

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have some value to it being old as it is. Seems there is a group of collectors in old thimbles across the globe. I have sold Victorian silver thimbles on ebay before and lately I've held on to the ones I come across if the price is right.

Upvote 1
OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might have some value to it being old as it is. Seems there is a group of collectors in old thimbles across the globe. I have sold Victorian silver thimbles on ebay before and lately I've held on to the ones I come across if the price is right.
I'm debating selling my collection, of course all of these things are ONE of a kind, so once gone I never expect to have another, hard to part with stuff like that, but I'm getting older maybe its time to cash out..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's old. In this link for Bonhams auction house they have a collection listing them as 10th century and being medieval Islamic thimbles.
Boy to have found that GOLD one would have been AUSOME !!!

Upvote 1

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm debating selling my collection, of course all of these things are ONE of a kind, so once gone I never expect to have another, hard to part with stuff like that, but I'm getting older maybe its time to cash out..
I think that also about my age. Sometimes though I just say, what the heck and sell. I watched a show about Harry Winston once. Though he wouldn't tell his wife he just sold one of his multi million dollar prized diamonds, she could always tell by his sad demeanor he had let go of something he cherished. A few days later he was perfectly fine and back to wheeling and dealing again.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that also about my age. Sometimes though I just say, what the heck and sell. I watched a show about Harry Winston once. Though he wouldn't tell his wife he just sold one of his multi million dollar prized diamonds, she could always tell by his sad demeanor he had let go of something he cherished. A few days later he was perfectly fine and back to wheeling and dealing again.
Part of the problem is that I have so much shit in boxes and a lot of its been in boxes for more than 20 years.... what am I going to do with it, ? Die and let my family fight it out ? seems like a waste for sentimental stuff ..

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread