Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is no writing inside but its smooth... if its not a ring then not sure what it is.. nice old design on it

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave.
I'd say that's a ring! Nice find. It looks old as well. Was it deep? How did it ring out on that Cibola? :thumbsup:

Ian

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like a coin. its hard to still tell from junk to coins with cibola.. just tin cans i can tell so far.. but i dig everything.. i beleave that if i clean and take care of the earth ill get paid well back and so far has worked for me... hey Ian i found that on the trail.. oh the ring was about 6inches

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Well that trail used to be a road way back then. Is that ring as big as a nickle or will it fit on your finger? I'm wondering how old it might be - it looks like it may have been silver plated brass? With the Cibola what you need to do is put the discrimination on the "I" in foil and when you get a signal, thumb the disc level up until it starts to cut out - make a note of where that is and then dig the target. WIth that method you should be able to tell what signals are gun casings, chunks of lead, and even coins. Did you find anything else out at that spot today?

Ian

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its started to rain so i left.... i use my min on discrimination since lead and gold are the same frequency... the thing that sucks with cibola is that you need to have it 1 notch discriminatio for gold .so i pick up everthing but the depth is truley amazing i got a indian head penny at 14inches at my brothers and a morgan dime at 10 iches.. the size is just about bigger than a dime wont fit my fingre at all, im going to take it to a antique dealer here in rochester to see what it is and how old

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
You are right, to dig gold you have to dig low VDI targets - but you should at least be able to put it up to the edge of foil. I have a Tesoro Deleon that you can use that has a Target ID on it - basically it is your machine with a readout that gives target ID - and depth reading - plus I have an extra small coil for it that is good for trashy areas. Let me know if you want to use it or I can trade you for the cibola for a little while - I always wanted to try a cibola

Ian

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wouldnt mind that.. i wanted to try a tejon i wrote tesoro about coils, to try and avoid the trash more. if i see you you tomorrow you can check out my cibola. i do love the machine after i found the 22k gold ring lol.. i was told the cibola is a under estimated with depth.. tesoro told me that i can find a quater at 18inches with the standard coil.. i banged my brains trying figure what machine to buy for months and when i seen the silver umax i asked about getting a bigger coil. so after i read i saved 80 dollars buying the cibola with the standard coil

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
I'm not sure I'm going out tomorrow but if I do I'll get ahold of you. I can bring the Tejon and Deleon for you to try out if you want. I've been using th Fisher F75 and that machine is awesome.

Ian

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how is the f75 compared to tesoro? im going to buy the sandd shark to go in the water

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
The Tesoros are very nice - but this F75 is in a class of it's own. Ask dan about this detector. It's amazing. You should get the Tiger Shark instead of the Sand Shark. The Sand Shark is a pulse induction machine with no discrimination and is best used for salt water hunting. It goes deep but you will be digging nails all day long with it. The Tiger Shark is a VLF detector with full discrimination, kind of like your Cibola. If you are hunting local lakes or other freshwater bodies of water - you need the Tiger Shark. I had one and it was a great machine.

Ian

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does it have great depth? i told dan that we have a condo on singer island in florida so we can go to florida as well. im going for 2 weeks during christmas to hunt my azzz off

SaginawIan

Jun 1, 2006
Detroit, Michigan
Detector(s) used
I would still get the Tiger Shark because it has a salt water mode so you can use it in FL but also here. That's awesome that you get to go to FL for 2 weeks. That's where you will find your gold rings.

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe next year Ian, you and dan can join me, we all can tear it up..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread