OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we really see copper pennies becoming the next "silver" coin in terms of value? Some people are on that wagon already of course, but many (myself included) are not. Not enough value there yet, but all I need to see is another 3 cent rise or so/penny and I think it might be worth my while, with plenty of copper pennies left out there.

ronbo22

Oct 31, 2008
Florida
If that was possible these guys would be our president and vice president.

Attachments

• fantasy.jpg
    fantasy.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 391

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ronbo22 said:
If that was possible these guys would be our president and vice president.

We are not far off from those two with the two clowns we have in there now.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you devoted 100% of your coin time to pennies, had enough supply (bagged not rolled), you would make way more sorting pennies than you would silver hunting, its just that silver hunting is alot more fun than running a ryedale, doing both simultaneously is the way to go!

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading a gold piece had been found in a roll. I can't remember but seems like it was in nickel or a quarter roll...It has happened!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
StevoCBR said:
I remember reading a gold piece had been found in a roll. I can't remember but seems like it was in nickel or a quarter roll...It has happened!

I can't remember the poster, but it was posted here on TNet a couple of years ago. It was found in a CWR of nickels.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
StevoCBR said:

I can't remember the poster, but it was posted here on TNet a couple of years ago. It was found in a CWR of nickels.

I'd be sick.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Not that it is relevant to finding gold at face, but I bought a box lot at auction a couple of weeks ago of foreign mixed coins. I paid $27. In the assortment was a $5 gold indian. I think I did well. I couldn't pay for the item fast enough to get my receipt and claim my items.

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diver_Down said:
Not that it is relevant to finding gold at face, but I bought a box lot at auction a couple of weeks ago of foreign mixed coins. I paid $27. In the assortment was a $5 gold indian. I think I did well. I couldn't pay for the item fast enough to get my receipt and claim my items.

NICE

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
it was coolcash2004. check out his profile, and below his picture it says he found the 1/4th oz gold eagle in a quarter roll. PS he posted the "beginners guide" so just go to the top and click on his name...hope this helps!!! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

OP
OP
koala33

koala33

Apr 29, 2011
Northeast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHAINCHOMP said:
it was coolcash2004. check out his profile, and below his picture it says he found the 1/4th oz gold eagle in a quarter roll. PS he posted the "beginners guide" so just go to the top and click on his name...hope this helps!!! keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

Wow, that'd be amazing...

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
koala33 said:
CHAINCHOMP said:

Wow, that'd be amazing...

ya, i would cry of joy :laughing9: i do believe someone else found a foreign gold coin in a roll of nickels once too. i cant remember who it was though sorry :( Keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

mfitzy111

Mar 6, 2011
NEPA
Detector(s) used
garrett ACE350 (traded off!), minelab E-TRAC, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wow a 5 dollar gold Indian coin is worth about $430.00 according to coinflation.com - for $27 that's a steal! hope you ran out of that place smiling, laughing and screaming...before anyone noticed... wow - this is the best story I've heard all day!!!!! nice. amazing find, just one thing. please post a picture! I'd love to see a real 5$ gold piece!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread