What's new

Think I found a small woodland ovate

jmaschal

Sr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2015
Messages
491
Reaction score
690
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443037102.972671.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443037121.647765.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443037134.654983.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443053741.914052.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443053755.301233.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443054029.988927.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443054109.528422.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443054350.294772.webp
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443037045.744361.webp
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1443037045.744361.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Was a long day... All fields still too dry no rain. Went hiking along Susquehanna River - found two broken and this little one. Hoping for much needed rain in this area!!!!
 
Nice find! I like those little oval looking things. I've got one similar, made out of Quartz too. Thanks for the view.
 
Shared some brokes some stone tools. We post some better pics of tools... Ones pretty neat looks like has different stone type stuck in the bottom of it. Found 100's of flakes but nothing really to brag about. Just need to keep hunting.
 
Shared some brokes some stone tools. We post some better pics of tools... Ones pretty neat looks like has different stone type stuck in the bottom of it. Found 100's of flakes but nothing really to brag about. Just need to keep hunting.

All are great finds! Thanks for sharing pics of them!
 
Your Point is probably a Morrow Mountain and it it looks like you found a couple of tips off of Points as well. The rest of the stones look natural.
 
All stones have peck marks and plus found around a 100's of flakes you see wear on the ends and some polished very well. They were dug up not found in a creek. About 100 yards off a river but peaked my interest with all of the flakes and finding points there. All about 6-10inches deep. Can see work marks on ends. I usually don't keep them but they stood out withe the fracture. I included,one with a series of peck marks.
 
But who knows for sure just seemed different especially from the actually river Rock at the banks.
 
Some I am leaning towards natural but not the majority
 
I really think I found a tool manufacturing part of a camp today flake of Quartz and a few jasper cores
 
Also in the picture of tool collection maybe a rhyolite reject not too optimistic about that one
 
Cool finds. I hunt the same areas I bet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom